Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my name just got drawn for a free track day at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois. The trackday is for Sept. 4th that I won. I was wondering if anyone else in the area was going or had some helpful info to share with me about this place?

I read the checklist for a trackday thread and that seems very helpful any other suggestions or pointers. :cruising:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My home! Born and raised in Shorewood. Friends from there say that track is pretty good. Ill see if my bud is going that day, but I know he's out at Blackhawk Farms a lot.

Got good tire tread?

Pointers....
Keep your ego in line. Or it will be put in line, by your bike.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My home! Born and raised in Shorewood. Friends from there say that track is pretty good. Ill see if my bud is going that day, but I know he's out at Blackhawk Farms a lot.

Got good tire tread?

Pointers....
Keep your ego in line. Or it will be put in line, by your bike.
Less than 500 miles on Michelin Pilot Road 2's and believe you me there will be no ego coming from me, 5 days away and already nervous lol.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
pretty much just run at your own pace, remember nobody wins a trackday. you don't have to be as fast as the next guy so just have fun and focus on your form and your line, fast will come after youve gotten a grip on those 2 points.

2nd. bring more stuff then you think you could need. theres not a square inch in my car or trailer where i could fit anymore stuff. all the spares you could need, brake fluid, oil and all the tools that you can use on your bike.

3rd. keep hydrated, bring lots of water and gatorade, rotate between the 2 that worked well for me, and start hydrating NOW, if you start the day of its too late. i learned that the hard way. and if you have it bring a EZ-UP they're a life saver for sure on those warm days

4th. be sociable, get to know the people pitted around you. unlike a lot of other events there are a lot of cool people you meet and a lot of good stories to hear. plus if your having issues they can possibly help you sort them out.
also a key point, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP, i went to my instructors pit garage probably 10 times through the day, just getting feedback and points on what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong and what needed work. that helped me more than anything.

all in all just have fun, be relaxed and concentrate on you and only you

·
Registered
92 Posts
pretty much just run at your own pace, remember nobody wins a trackday. you don't have to be as fast as the next guy so just have fun and focus on your form and your line, fast will come after youve gotten a grip on those 2 points.

2nd. bring more stuff then you think you could need. theres not a square inch in my car or trailer where i could fit anymore stuff. all the spares you could need, brake fluid, oil and all the tools that you can use on your bike.

3rd. keep hydrated, bring lots of water and gatorade, rotate between the 2 that worked well for me, and start hydrating NOW, if you start the day of its too late. i learned that the hard way. and if you have it bring a EZ-UP they're a life saver for sure on those warm days

4th. be sociable, get to know the people pitted around you. unlike a lot of other events there are a lot of cool people you meet and a lot of good stories to hear. plus if your having issues they can possibly help you sort them out.
also a key point, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP, i went to my instructors pit garage probably 10 times through the day, just getting feedback and points on what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong and what needed work. that helped me more than anything.

all in all just have fun, be relaxed and concentrate on you and only you
:+1: having done two trackdays I can tell you that this is great advice. Use the checklist while loading all your equipment, dont leave to memory because you will forget a lot of stuff. ask me how I know. Things are going to happen very fast off the track if you are not prepared so try to get there early even the night before if possible and get set up as soon as you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts