Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/Q8CxExImY6k

Did my first track day last week. It was really slippery most of the day, and I ended the trip with a lowside on turn 9.

Filmed at Portland International Raceway, 1080p/60 so check your viewing settings.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Didnt watch the vid yet. Aslong as you know what you did to crash you can take and learn something from it.

What happend? How r you and the bike?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt watch the vid yet. Aslong as you know what you did to crash you can take and learn something from it.

What happend? How r you and the bike?
Body position could have been better and throttle/body pos. could have been smoother + a slick track. Learned loads. I am great. Bike is pretty good, need a rearset and it cracked my rear cowl.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bummer about your lowside, but it was pretty ballsy heading out in the wet like that your first time on a track. I would have said No way, and tried to get the booking changed or a refund... ***** me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer about your lowside, but it was pretty ballsy heading out in the wet like that your first time on a track. I would have said No way, and tried to get the booking changed or a refund... ***** me.
I would have if it was allowed. If you see it 5 days ahead of the track day you can reschedule to the next event date. But the weather man didnt see it in time. I dont regret going at all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have if it was allowed. If you see it 5 days ahead of the track day you can reschedule to the next event date. But the weather man didnt see it in time. I dont regret going at all.
You made it out unhurt and learned some valuable knowledge while in the rain. Plastics can be replaced. Knowledge is forever. Just glad it wasn't worse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You made it out unhurt and learned some valuable knowledge while in the rain. Plastics can be replaced. Knowledge is forever. Just glad it wasn't worse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
You are absolutely right. Learned a lot. Plastic damage wasn't bad and I already have paint to fix if I choose.

I just discovered recently that I was leaking brake fluid onto my rear tire. The main issue was my fluid level was too high. Once it heats up it needs somewhere to expand to. Glad it happened on the track instead of the street. Still don't regret the experience.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah they usually don't check the rear in tech. That sucks man. I had a GSXR that had a clutch cover leak and it surprised me one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts