Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my first track day out of the way since i started riding march 2010. I gotta say i had an absolute blast! if any of you guys haven't done a track day i would absolutely suggest it. Not only will you have an awesome time but you will learn so much too. I went to the Nelson Ledges track out here in Northeast Ohio. the track was a little bit rough but there were a couple girls riding on it so anyone who says its too rough is just a sissy. besides you cant beat 120 bucks. The organization that ran it was Motoseries and the guys were absolutely great. Great teachers and awesome people. the suit was only $35 to rent and it wasnt a crappy one either. unfortunately tho they dont have boots so the best i could do was borrow someones size 10 and i wear a size 13, so needless to say my feet were in pain but only when i wasnt riding. and i ordered my Alpinestars vented smx racing boots on friday with the help of Jason with STG. but anyways heres a few pics from the track. there were a bunch but almost all the other ones was just me on a straight away.

thats me in the back, about to do a nice pass out of turn 13.

the guy behind me was on some old 3500cc 2 stroke bike. it was pretty cool cus he was like 60 some years old. just out there having a blast.

and heres my favorite one. feel free to pick apart my body positioning. just remember im 6'3'' tall

me in the pit.

my best lap time was around a 1:23. they said i could probably run in the intermediate class or go to race school if i wanted. but we'll see sine i work on saturdays. but my next trackday is monday the 27th down at mid ohio. and im sooo pumped! ill let you guys know how it goes!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and i did get my knee down a few times on turn 13! that was an awesome feeling! scared me at first the got me super excited! i flew around the track to go get it down again lol!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Nice!!!! Track is where it's at!!!!

Get some track fairings dude.... You will crash eventually and you don't want to do it with oem fairings and headlights etc...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!!!! Track is where it's at!!!!

Get some track fairings dude.... You will crash eventually and you don't want to do it with oem fairings and headlights etc...
i know i know! trust me. im fully aware that im basically gambling right now. i dont want to shell out the money for track fairings right now or else ill be eating ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner. but if i wreck ill end up shelling out even more money for some fresh oem's. anyone wanna make a donation lol.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have optimal fairings (got them from Disco) they are around $350 I think.

They are the best bang for the buck. I crash tested them too, they held up great, still using them with out repairing them.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I have optimal fairings (got them from Disco) they are around $350 I think.

They are the best bang for the buck. I crash tested them too, they held up great, still using them with out repairing them.
:+1::iamwith: I love my Optimals, had a very ugly high side with them and they held up great.

But yes the track is where its at, and get used to Ramen for every meal because this track riding gets expensive. And the addiction only gets worse.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yeah. the track bug got me for sure. within a day of my first one i already have 4 more trackdays on my calender. midohio on the 27th. a couple more at nelson. and Beaverrun in PA. on september 10th i think it is.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
very nice! i am looking forward to riding Mid-O sometime soon, update what you think of it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cool stuff, congrats. I like first track day threads.

The first time I got my knee down it was like "Woah what the heck was that" Your next track day you will probably be able to grind the sliders off at will Though I'm sure you know that's not really the point at all.

Have a blast on the 27th!

·
Registered
351 Posts
kewl pics the thread got me pumped.... im gonna search the forums for begginer track days in cali:drunk:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cool pics! Im hopin to get out to a track day soob. The closet track is about 2 hours away. So finding time out of work is near impossible. Ive never done one ao hopefully it would a good experience.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
i know i know! trust me. im fully aware that im basically gambling right now. i dont want to shell out the money for track fairings right now or else ill be eating ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner. but if i wreck ill end up shelling out even more money for some fresh oem's. anyone wanna make a donation lol.
:crackup: ramen noodles! that's funny

·
Registered
241 Posts
oh I so can not wait to get back to the states! not too much time left ^_^ glad you had a good experience on your first track day. Always good when ya don't crash. What tires did you decide to run?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh I so can not wait to get back to the states! not too much time left ^_^ glad you had a good experience on your first track day. Always good when ya don't crash. What tires did you decide to run?
get home safe bro. but i got 1 month old pilot power 2cts on right now. plenty of life left after 1000 miles and 1 trackday. they worked awesome at the track. i got my knee down no problem with them. and the track is pretty rough and they didnt skip a beat. i would definitely suggest these or Q2's. dont have any experience with the Q2's but seems like everyone likes em and i may try em next.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Glad you had a good time man! I live less than a half hour from Nelsons, and hopefully soon will get everything together to make it out to a track day there!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts