Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally getting back to the track. this will be my first since road atlanta in 2009! the bike getting stolen kept me from being able to go last season. still making some repairs from the recovery but just ordered some tires, oil, 520 kit, brake pads, keyless gas cap, and working on installing a switch for the ignition. if i have time i'm going to repaint the track plastics, they're looking pretty rough right now, but that doesn't even matter. i'm just excited to get out there again

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha i wouldn't say all that...
it's hard being a poor grad student too

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I gotcha, well post lots of pics. I'm going to Thunder Hill in August, it'll be my 1st td since February. That feels like forever ago. But I wanted to finish paying the bike off so I held off. Just sent my last payment today.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^awesome feeling right?

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
finally getting back to the track. this will be my first since road atlanta in 2009! the bike getting stolen kept me from being able to go last season. still making some repairs from the recovery but just ordered some tires, oil, 520 kit, brake pads, keyless gas cap, and working on installing a switch for the ignition. if i have time i'm going to repaint the track plastics, they're looking pretty rough right now, but that doesn't even matter. i'm just excited to get out there again
right on!!!! argh argh gal,

:gun1: it's really easy to make a keyless ignition for bikes. just look @ ignition tumblers & where everything grounds out for bike to start & you've got a live track weapon to exploit. :banger:

only downfall is; now anyone can start your bike, if it's got a battery installed

might be worth your time to wire it so kickstand up makes bike stop in second gear or something appropriate. only unless you've initiated push button so it won't go to sleep :shakehand

pretty easy loop to enhance potential for bike being ridden away via theft.

w/proper garage; probably doesn't matter........ :cruising:

:banger: looking forward to seeing 'on track' captures of your return :banger:

Reactions: ninja rr

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
congrats! glad to hear youre finally going back out there again.
goodluck to you and hope you have a good time out there.

since its been awhile, you should write down all you need to bring.
and check off each item as you pack them or put them in your vehicle so you wont forget anything.

theres a really good checklist in this thread that you could print out.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109845

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's up chica? Where are you going to and where is my invite? When you gonna make it back down to Charlotte. I am ready to hit up a Hookah at Crave.
don't talk to me like you know me and like i made a reference to you getting bent over by a lesbian earlier today!

haha we're going to new hampshire on the 26th, i'm stoked. the bike is coming along but she's definitely what she used to be

and you know you're welcome any time!

·
T BOTM Winner 11 / 11
317 Posts
That Lebanese was scary!! I thought she was gonna make me her play toy. I thought crashing at Road Atlanta was a hell of a ride. I am fairly certain I would have needed my helmet for shenanigans she was going to pull. Was a fun time though.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys (and girl...and jason) earlier this season i didn't think it would be feasible but my boyfriend's been a big help. still waiting on a couple of parts but hopefully make some more progress this sunday (working 6 days a week sucks)

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good luck on all the track prep and have a blast out there. It might take a couple of laps to get familiar again but it'll all come back to you. (track withdrawal is a beotch! lol ).

Be safe and take pics.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i still have some more to go but i got the plastics painted yesterday. it's not pretty but better than what it was

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sweet stuff.... ha now you get to learn everything all over again right! Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
July 26th? Are you doing them with Tonystrackdays?

I haven't gone to the track since last October and have to wait till early September. If you end up doing some of Tony's days in Sept/Oct let me know. It'd be cool to meet another fellow dotNET-er... lol

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet stuff.... ha now you get to learn everything all over again right! Have fun!
i know i'm pretty nervous that i don't know what to do anymore (not that i ever really did...)

July 26th? Are you doing them with Tonystrackdays?

I haven't gone to the track since last October and have to wait till early September. If you end up doing some of Tony's days in Sept/Oct let me know. It'd be cool to meet another fellow dotNET-er... lol
might be doing a boston moto day end of the summer if all goes well

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Since this is the first time back to the track for you make sure you take advantage of the classroom sessions. If you're having any issues or trouble with some corners, grab a control rider and have them follow you around for a few laps. Any one of the Tony's staff will help you out, they are good peoples.

I haven't done any Boston Moto days but last year a lot of them showed up to one of Tony's events. From riding with some of them I get the sense that those guys have the mentality that since it's a race track they are all racing. Not saying they are bad but have different passing rules so be aware of that. TTD does not allow inside passing (for safety reasons), I think BoMo does.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm good to know. why aren't you make it out to this one?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts