Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Autoclub Speedway in Fontana CA July 20th for the debut at the track with my 2005 model. I was happily surprised just how well it performed. After market slipper clutch almost makes rev matching NOT needed. quickshifter worked great the first few hours, later in the day I had to let go of the throttle when shifting? Anyone have any input about that.

What I mean is, usually on quickshifters you only quickshift when ON the throttle. Here it was like that in the beginning of the day and later i had to be off the throttle to quickshift? Anywys, the bike handled very well. I was consistently 2nd fastest in my group (the slow group:), beating out brand new Ducatis v4rs and bmw s1000rs....hahaha. Granted I know its the rider and not the bike, but It did feel kinda fun to pass a 25K bike with double the power and torque.

Had a great time with a great organisation. Fastrack riders.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hell yeah man! Good stuff! Only recommendations would be to focus on body position for you next track day! You vision looks great in the photo but you are on top of the bike.

Some queues that I like to use for myself are:

Screwdriver the inside hand
Tits to tank
Head to inside on the turn
Outside arms straight
Toes on inside peg, boot heal on outside peg
Less bike lean faster corner, more throttle.
One ass cheek on seat at all times, except straights

Audi S4 + CBR600rr enthusiast Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
1st photo - me at my first TD on Sep 18'
I'm definitely on top of the bike during the turn
2nd photo - me at my 6th TD on Jun 19'
Getting my BP dialed in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally agree epalacios...I'm a beginner track rider, and the body positioning is the one thing I feel I can improve a lot in. I have the lines down pretty good, i hit the apexes, butthe body needs work for sure:).....Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sure thing! Well glad you enjoyed the TD. I ride with LetsRideTrackDays at Buttonwillow, CA since its my home track. Its not too far from the Riverside, CA. If you ever want to ride out here let me know. I tend to do one every two more this. Schedule is attached.

·
Registered
69 Posts
And ask for help. It's free, but priceless.

There are a lot of companies in SoCal hosting events. I had a lot of time on my hands and made a list for the year.
Thus is great stuff!!! I saved it for my reference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts