Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CBR Enthusiasts
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going be my first track day all together and its going to be at Monticello. I'm going through TPM (Team Pro-Motion) and I'm excited. Any advice for this track? Any specific things about the track or things that are require that are different from a another track experience? Any advice about your expereince with Team Pro-Motion?

·
Registered
45 Posts
dude have fun, sounds awesome, as far as i know, full leathers race boots and glove and DOT helmet, some tracks say you need fairings that will hold 3qt of oil,

·
Registered
45 Posts
i wouldnt think so :) should be fine, guess they dont want a drop of oil on the track, if for some reason you start loosing oil,

·
Registered
45 Posts
some race fairing that dont have holes and what not on them act as a oil drain pan so none gets on the track if god forbid you start spilling oil, i had to correct myself "some" places do want you to have that not all,

·
Registered
394 Posts
i am going to warn you right now, you will be doing it more often after this one, they are addictive, get to push your bike to what its mean to do, exhilerating, i try to do at least 3 a yr. but very costly...

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Bike prep: Tape up all the lights (headlights, tailight, and turn signals). I use painters tape. Make sure your chain is adjusted properly. Tires have decent amount of thread left.

Gear: 1pc or 2pc leather. Racing boots that cover your ankle. Full guantlet gloves that cover your wrist. Full face helmet, DOT/Snell/ECE approved.

You: Drink plenty of water before, during and after the trackday. Also, I would suggest drinking plenty of water the day before as well. You're body will need it especially since the recent heat wave. Leave your ego at home. Be ready to learn and have plenty of fun.

Bring your own food for lunch. Monticello doesn't any facility for food so bring some sandwiches or some snacks. Avoid trying to stuff yourself too much LOL. Also, If you have a Gas can laying around it might help as well towards the end of the day or just make sure the bike is topped off before you hit the track. There are no pumps at Monticello either.

TPM is decent org. They have instructors that can help you out. Take advantage of them.

Monticello is a fun track but you have to be very careful on the first couple of sessions out.... Just take it easy and you'll be okay.

Have fun meng, you'll be bit by the track bug after your first day. You'll be itching for more track time. :crackup:

I wish I was at the track. :drunk::banghead:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll be there, likely helping TPM with instruction again... maybe you'll be in my group. :ciao:

It's a fun track and they're running what I consider the best configurations on Aug 2 and 3.

TTD and TPM have a date sharing arrangement this year... so TTD customers can ride at their dates and TPM customers can ride at mine.

Anyway, we usually have a decent sized group (had about 35 riders from TTD there last time).

http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/6456/monticello-ny.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts