Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pictures from my very first trackday. It was at Thunderhills. How's my form and body position. Coments, flames and praises are all welcome. :director: I just want some infos to get better and faster.
Thanks (most pictures are from gotbluemilk.com)

prepped and ready for action

I'm soo excited, I nearly stall my bike:supergay:

spanking my buddy's R1

I love this shot

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Awesome shots you know you are an addicit

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Looking really good esp for the first day. I would suggest relaxing and sitting back in the seat. Yes I know it is hard for us short dudes to move back further haha

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Nice! Congrats and WELCOME! :D

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. There's no word to describe how good it felt being on the track. Can't wait for another trackday. We're thinking about Reno on the 2nd of Sept. Now I just need to start a Trackday funds account.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sick dude Sick picture. I can't wait to go!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice, for being your first trackday you look good out there.
What group did you run in and who was the organizer?
I'll be at T-hill in 4 days (13th) WoooHooo!!!!
You're right about the feeling of being on the track, once you get it all you want is more.
Maybe you should ride Buttonwillow next, it's a little closer to you then Fernly.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, for being your first trackday you look good out there.
What group did you run in and who was the organizer?
I'll be at T-hill in 4 days (13th) WoooHooo!!!!
You're right about the feeling of being on the track, once you get it all you want is more.
Maybe you should ride Buttonwillow next, it's a little closer to you then Fernly.
I rode in the B- group and was run by [email protected] . Buttonwillow is alot closer but we have a few guys that want to try out reno first. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Somebody help me out here. I can see that your form is nice but I am under the impression that when I am about to drag knee I am supposed to be seated as far back as possible. Or am I supposed to scoot my entire body forward for the turn? Some advice please. Nice photos by the way, I would really like to attend a track day if I had the money.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Nice pics....another one hooked!!!!!

Somebody help me out here. I can see that your form is nice but I am under the impression that when I am about to drag knee I am supposed to be seated as far back as possible.
Seat all the way back??? huh? You will be more like hugging the tank then sitting back. Don't listen to that guy. Just ride with whatever feels comfortable til you learn more. Speed and form will come.

·
Registered
688 Posts
get on the balls of your feet, your toes are sticking out in the pics. but nice pics anyway

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I didn't mean sit back as far as possible just don't have your balls on the tank. I* find that when I do this I tend to twist my body around the tank. Just some advice that like all advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I didn't mean sit back as far as possible just don't have your balls on the tank. I* find that when I do this I tend to twist my body around the tank. Just some advice that like all advice should be taken with a grain of salt.
It's natural to be up against the tank and unnatural to sit back or even think about scooting back......even a little bit...but yeah...to each thier own....I guess.

kidmoua, what the heck is going on with your right foot??????? WTF!!!!! That's extremely odd!!!!!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
nice pictures!!!

track days are so much fun!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I rode in the B- group and was run by [email protected] . Buttonwillow is alot closer but we have a few guys that want to try out reno first. We'll see how it goes.
Awesome, I've yet to ride with [email protected], but I hear they run a great T-day.
Buttonwillow or Fernley, either way I'm sure you'll have another stellar day.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts