Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first trackday I guess first 2 at ORP last weekend. I took the 2-Fast school the first day and just rode the next. It was AWESOME can't wait to go back. Trying to go again this coming Wed and Fri.

Took me a little to warm up, but just spent the days working on body position. From the looks of the Photos i ride crossed up while turing right and a little more comfortable while turning left. We'll see how I do this week.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
we have another convert. congrats on popping your trackday cherry!

your first pics of body positioning look awkward, you look stiff. :crackup:

but your last 2 pics look way way better, keep working on a skill or technique every time you go out so you can master it quicker, doing a bunch of stuff at the same time will get you nowhere. quality seat time is more important than quantity.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have another convert. congrats on popping your trackday cherry!

your first pics of body positioning look awkward, you look stiff. :crackup:

but your last 2 pics look way way better, keep working on a skill or technique every time you go out so you can master it quicker, doing a bunch of stuff at the same time will get you nowhere. quality seat time is more important than quantity.
I was very stiff. Got better as the day went on started to trust the tires more and relax a little. Can't wait to get back out there and do it again.

·
Registered
394 Posts
you should come to pacific raceways man,in kent, 2fast is great to ride with, its the only org i ill go with, nesba put a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did one with 2-fast back on the 11th and planning on going to the one they have labor day Monday. Great group of guys....feel so comfortable afraid to go to another organization.

It was $449 for the entire package.

Those are the Handroids and I love them. only other gloves I had were some A-Stars I use for the street. Thought they would be restrictive but not at all. BOA system secures it nicely to you hand.No complaints at all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
yeah labor day with 2 fast, this is only my second this yr so im ridng in the 100 class, 7 mos away from it has got me skittish.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah labor day with 2 fast, this is only my second this yr so im ridng in the 100 class, 7 mos away from it has got me skittish.
This will be only my 4th trackday ever so I am a 100 level guy as well and that's plenty fast for me. Look forward to seeing you there.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
nice man, congrats!!!

work on relaxing out there, could see the stiffness ;) But it comes with seat time.

work on "pushing the bike up" rather than down. Makes your life much easire ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice man, congrats!!!

work on relaxing out there, could see the stiffness ;) But it comes with seat time.

work on "pushing the bike up" rather than down. Makes your life much easire ;)
Thanks i'll try that next time out. It's so much fun I can't get enough.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thats what I'd like to do someday. Looks awesome. Question: Do they have a professional photographer out there the whole time or something? Since I havent been to any tracks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thats what I'd like to do someday. Looks awesome. Question: Do they have a professional photographer out there the whole time or something? Since I havent been to any tracks.
Around here there is a pro photographer who is at every trackday and takes a zillion pic's from all sorts of angles. It's a great/cheap way to see your technique in all of it's glory (or in my case, it's sad reality). The hard part is to not ham it up when you spot him.

·
Registered
394 Posts
see you at PR the 6th bro! i am so stoked although its going to be my last one for the yr, i have duty weekend,so ill be coming from the ship, that sucks ass...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
see you at PR the 6th bro! i am so stoked although its going to be my last one for the yr, i have duty weekend,so ill be coming from the ship, that sucks ass...
Definitely! I can't wait. This is probably my last one as well. Drive safe i'll be headed down from the island

·
Registered
414 Posts
welcome to the addiction!! I just dredge through every day waiting for the next track day :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts