Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a trackday with my friends this summer at jennings. Anyone know where I could get good, cheap gear? i'm gonna be keeping an eye on the classifieds threads but any recommendations would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I'm looking to do a trackday with my friends this summer at jennings. Anyone know where I could get good, cheap gear? i'm gonna be keeping an eye on the classifieds threads but any recommendations would be appreciated
Contact the vendors on here I know both Disco from Cycle Sector, and Jason from Sport Bike Track Gear have entry level priced gear. But also check with the organization you are doing the track day with, most will rent you gear at a good price.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Disco was selling alpinestars sp- 1 suit for ridiculously cheap. it is
Something like $899 msrp and he was selling them for MUCH lower. I don't wan to post his price though. Just PM him and see if he still has any.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Cycle Gear also has some good stuff if you're on a budget.

What date are you planning to go? I'm shooting to go on the June 18/19 weekend with the FSB peeps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure yet, gotta work around school schedule and when i can save money for gear... will probably be late may or june

·
Registered
225 Posts
Will they allow to wear a two peice suit or is only a one piece allowed?
2 pc, as long as they zip together 360 degrees.

1 pc preferred.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Best to go try on several brands (Cycle Gear maybe...) to determine the size for each brand, especially if you end up buying online. You need to know what fits you best (most comfortable). Needs to fit snug, not skin tight.

Also, try on back protectors when trying on leathers to ensure they fit together. Now-a-days more & more riders are wearing chest protectors as well, so you may want to considering trying all on to ensure leathers fit comfortably & properly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had good luck with Cycle Gear. I tried on some suits to get my size so that I could buy something used. I was honest with the sales guy in that I probably wouldn't buy one.

They had some awesome sale on an Astars trigger suit and the guy talked me into it. The suit ended up being just a bit more than I was going to get a used suit for anyways. I think I ended up paying around $550. can't really beat that for a decent brand new suit IMO. They also had a bunch of clearance stuff for cheap (Dianese, Astars all in that price range).

·
Registered
83 Posts
The WERA Boards classifieds isn't as good as it used to be now that they changed it....picked up a bunch of things there in the past

1 - 19 of 19 Posts