Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over 3 weeks ago I had my first bike wreck. I wish I could tell you what happened but because of my concussion I didnt even remember taking the bike out of the garage. I woke up a day later at the hospital and man was I confused. I was wearing full gear so I had minimal road rash I suffered a broken collarbone and my whole body was a giant black bruise. Apparently I was trying to leave the hospital without letting anyone know. I was told I pulled out my own catheter and my iv's. Im so glad i dont remember that part of my adventure but i do wish I knew why I went down...

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
sorry to hear about this. glad you're okay! I did giggle a bit when you mentioned the "Apparently I was trying to leave the hospital without letting anyone know. I was told I pulled out my own catheter and my iv's" part. nevertheless, you're still hear and you wore your gear which most likely saved you from further injures.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good to hear your alright man, way to wear the gear! Recovery will come much faster if you do what the doctors say, including staying at the hospital when your supposed to. haha. That story reminded me of my grandma right before she passed away. Toward the end of her life she was absolutely convinced she was a russian spy for the soviet union, who took direct orders from Vladimir Lenin. She was always trying to escape "captivity" and led a solemn life as a POW. lol. She had quite the imagination, that along with an unquenchable thirst for grape nehi. Regardless, thanks for the laughs. I wish you the best bro!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
More than likely the memories will start to come back, at least some of them. It is a strange feeling though.
Kinda like the morning after a REALLY good drunk! :crackup:

OP, Seriously, glad to hear your still with us. think of this though, you don't know why you went down..so you won't have to deal with the "scared" of that particular maneuver :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda like the morning after a REALLY good drunk! :crackup:

OP, Seriously, glad to hear your still with us. think of this though, you don't know why you went down..so you won't have to deal with the "scared" of that particular maneuver :D
Thats a good point

Reactions: maine_CBR

·
Registered
35 Posts
Man, i just wrecked too. sucks. wearing my gear also saved my a$$. Same outcome except i remember the wreck. Broken collar bone and hurt pride. Always could be worse. Glad you are ok. Now for the pain with the insurance company.

·
Registered
331 Posts
any pics? have u heard about your bike at all yet? Glad your ok man hope u get back on 2 wheels soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.