Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I went to Berts and tried on a medium Shoei rf-1100 and it fit snug but not too snug. Then tried of the small of the 1100 and it was too tight not even allowing the crown of my head to go all the way up. Then I tried on a AGV-GP tech size small and it fit fine, snug but not too snug. So I was wondering if anyone knows if these two companies run different or maybe its my dome? (more info they only had size smalls in AGV so I could not see what a medium fit like).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Do you know how to measure your head to get a starting point? Phatstud is correct in that many helmet companies have a different sizing chart so that sizes don't necessarily match up depending on which helmets you're looking at. While you're at it, don't forget to determine your head shape as that may explain why some helmets are more comfortable than others.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
It's the different companies. I went to Bert's and tried on the Size Small Rossi Replica and it fit well. However, while I was there I noticed that the Shoei X-11 fit me much better than the AGV GP-Tech in size small (the one they had there). I went to the Dainese Store in Costa Mesa and tried on an Extra Small AGV GP-Tech and it fit perfectly for me - no pressure points anywhere and like a very comfortable glove for my head.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Buy what fits your head best, and according to proper fitting. It should be snug everywhere, not slip if you were to crash, but also not create any painful pressure points. Put the helmet on, do up the strap, grab the chinbar and try to slide it around. If there is any movement on your head, it's too big.

The other day I was at Honda and some newb chick tried on a pink Team Pink Icon helmet. The parts guy glanced at her and said, "yeah, that looks right." I could tell immediately it was too big on her because it was sloppy, and I told her why. She didn't buy the helmet. That said, don't listen to parts guys either. Most of them just want to make a quick sale and couldn't care less whether or not it's right for you. So take your time, and have fun shopping.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for all the replies. I'm going to go see if I can find other stores that have different sizes of AGV because quite frankly I fell in love with the look and feel of the GP tech. :banger:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Right here buddy:
Dainese Store
1645 Superior Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92627-3612

AGV was bought out by Dainese a while back. I went there a few weeks ago to try on the different sizes. Like you, I too am in love with the feel and fit of the AGV GP-Tech helmet :)

I'm just waiting for my new one to be delivered to my door :)

Thank you guys for all the replies. I'm going to go see if I can find other stores that have different sizes of AGV because quite frankly I fell in love with the look and feel of the GP tech. :banger:

·
Registered
108 Posts
it's a great lid man!

you bought another one?!?!?!?

Right here buddy:
Dainese Store
1645 Superior Avenue

AGV was bought out by Dainese a while back. I went there a few weeks ago to try on the different sizes. Like you, I too am in love with the feel and fit of the AGV GP-Tech helmet :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right here buddy:
Dainese Store
1645 Superior Avenue

Awesome, thanks alot man. You have been really helpful, can't wait to go check that place out! :shakehand

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hey Konix,

Haha, no, I wish. The first one that was sent to me had some scratches on it already so I am sending it back to get a NEW one without scratches. There have been some delays so I've basically had the helmet for like 2-3 weeks. Once I get the new one, I'll get a chance test it's functionality :)

You get a chance to ride in yours yet?

it's a great lid man!

you bought another one?!?!?!?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
No problem man, many of the .net members have helped me immensely. I try my best to reciprocate it.

Go there and just wear it for AS LONG AS YOU CAN while you browse their gear. If you fall in love with it (which you most likely will, contact the vendors here because they'll be able to give you a better deal.

Awesome, thanks alot man. You have been really helpful, can't wait to go check that place out! :shakehand

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah...it's FINALLY starting to get warmer here so i've been able to take it for a spin.

only way i can describe it is that it feels like your not wearing a helmet at all :crackup:. the helmet vents extremely well, it was about 77F and i didn't break a sweat while wearing it, in fact, i had to keep all the vents closed b/c it was getting too cold! i can't wait to see how it feels when it gets hotter.

Hey Konix,

Haha, no, I wish. The first one that was sent to me had some scratches on it already so I am sending it back to get a NEW one without scratches. There have been some delays so I've basically had the helmet for like 2-3 weeks. Once I get the new one, I'll get a chance test it's functionality :)

You get a chance to ride in yours yet?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Haha, I'm jealous of you. I get GREAT weather everyday here, but my helmet just sits in its box. At most, I wear it for a few minutes indoors to remind me that it feels like heaven :-/

yeah...it's FINALLY starting to get warmer here so i've been able to take it for a spin.

only way i can describe it is that it feels like your not wearing a helmet at all :crackup:. the helmet vents extremely well, it was about 77F and i didn't break a sweat while wearing it, in fact, i had to keep all the vents closed b/c it was getting too cold! i can't wait to see how it feels when it gets hotter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts