Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got my movistars the other day and they looked good. I had to do some drilling to get some parts to line up and what not but now heres the problem. I cant get the friggen airducts to line up at all........I think the mold is off and the tabs dont hold on to the tank at all. Any ideas?gabe

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I have read that using the oem ram air covers after painting them would be the way to go

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres my problems. As you can see some are skuffed up and one piece was broken off. Basically I have spent like 12 hrs on this and gotten no where. I emaile dhim and basicaly said we will talk tommorow or tuesday. Witch sucks because i threw out my old rashed plastics so im stuck walking now.:icon_hang

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont see how they can fit some bikes perfectly and then be way the hell off on others like that. Theyre using the same mold every time so how could that happen? Unless there are bent parts on the bike..

·
Registered
595 Posts
yeah i had some problems but nothing was that far off.. the hardest thing i had to fit was the gas tank cover.. good luck man.. without being there it is hard to suggest anything

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just finished putting auctmart fairings on my bike and my friends bike.

I used an air powered dremil to widen the holes rather than a drill so I could move the location of the hole while widening. The ram air ducts and the tail light were the hardest parts to work on but it just took time and careful bending. the plastic pieces will bend surprisingly well but the little screw tabs will break off easily.

Your fairings should not be as far off as they are in the picture. I would agree that your upper stay bracket is bent or the air ducts are not lined up and seated all the way.

Keep in mind these fairings are not "Improved" fairings, rather cheap replacements. They look cool but you paid $800 rather than $3400 for new OEM pieces so don't expect perfection.

BTW i like the MovieStar kit. that's the same one I helped my friend put on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry to hear your having problems with fitment. I will also be looking to get auctmart fairings for my 03 soon. It may help to have someone else working on it with you as it is harder to align everything especially aftermaket pieces. I've done it many times on cars but yet to on a bike. Hope it works out for you nice plastic kit though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts