Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Depends on the exhaust you are fitting. Newer exhaust have a larger inlet than the older ones. I looked into this awhile back but decided to get a full exhaust for my year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was thinking, would I be able to bring a can and mid pipe to a muffler shop and have them put the bend in the pipe and take the mounts off my midpipe now so it can hook up to stock headers? Thanks for te reply by the way

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
A muffler shop should be able to fit the can to the headers. Most of them have benders and can bend the midpipe to match, you might have to put a flair on the end to match up, but they shouldn't have a problem with that. "welding might be the only setback. Depends how clean you want it and how good they are at "laying nickles"

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
FWIW, when I bought the Jardine RT-1 for my '07 the guy I bought it from said he had it on his 1st gen RR (don't remember exactly which year). It still fit my bike perfectly fine although I noticed that the midpipe did not have a bracket welded to it. The opening of the midpipe fit perfectly over the CAT. I can't vouch for what the previous owner claimed so take this with a grain of salt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts