Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes rash can be fixed. As for cracks, there is a such thing as plastic welding, never done it never seen it, but Ive heard that it works quit well. There is one on e-bay for sale for like 50 bucks. If you buy it tell me how it works, I got some 4 wheeler plastic I need fixed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
on my first bike i had rashed fairing and even a piece broken off. my dad runs a body shop and they have some stuff there that they took at it made up the piece that was missing on the upper fairing. you can fix rashed pieces if it isn't too deep and can be sanded down. they did all this to paint my old bike, and it looked perfect afterwards.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i fiberglassed a hole and crack in my tank cover. it worked well, its stronger than the old plastic, and it looks perfect.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah it is possible. i had a 1990 cbr600 that needed some plastice fixed so i sent it to some company (dont remember the name) and they came back looking good. jus had to have them painted

·
Registered
769 Posts
Look for some good deals on ebay or the forums. I laid mine down about a month ago and had good connections on a new right mid fairing for $75, but hesitated and the guy sold it. It looks like there are some good guys out there selling parts cheap b/c they are converting their 600rrs to track onlys. I ended up buying a new one for $199 and putting it on today with a new signal... I just couldn't stand looking at the rashed right side. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts