Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried being as professional as possible with this individual but it is seriously frustrating when you go through three forms of communication and still receive no response. I bought the whole battery tray which connects to the rear seat cowl but I only found after i transferred the money that his post got deleted and he got banned for 2 weeks. After getting pay pal involved he finally said he sent the package on the 30th. I sent him the funds on the 24th and have still not received anything till this date. Honestly I just wanted the item but when I have to deal with a unresponsive seller who does not even provide a tracking number I can not keep on waiting for the package to eventually come.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't trust this forum just yet. Im only buying from well known websites rite now. My M3 forum was great for parts it seems like people have very shady interactions here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
I don't trust this forum just yet. Im only buying from well known websites rite now. My M3 forum was great for parts it seems like people have very shady interactions here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
wasnt always this way... just have to research past transactions of members.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
To both of you. There are rules about buying and selling on this forum.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107575

THere is a reason for these rules, paypal will get your money back if you don't get it but I can guess and say he is in Canada and it will take some time to get to you if you are in the states. More than 8 days. Also with him/her only having 8 post and selling on here that is probably why they are on a 2 week vacation from the site.

·
BOTM Winner 11/13
2,327 Posts
^+1 iTrader feedback is there for a reason make sure to check it and if the person hast even completed what needs to be done to participate in selling things here why bother. If there's no feedback look through the members topics post etc etc to see what kind of seller or person they may be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
He hooked me up with an integrated tail, shipped within three days, it took about 7 or 8 days, and we are only a couple hundred miles apart.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yupp. I have nothing but good luck here.

I

·
0 Posts
A few bad apples and it screws it up for everyone. Itrader feedback is a must IMO.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A big reason why I opened up a good guy/ bad guy thread on myself. I have nothing to hide nor do I instruct what people should put on there. Its open for anyone to post and easy to locate. To be honest I havent been up to par lately with everything going on in my life. Sometimes things happen that I have no control over and need to push for a different ship out date. I hate doing that but stuff happens.

With that said there's no excuse for no communication nor product in 3 weeks.. it only took a package of mine 5 days to ship to Thailand lol. The dudes all butthurt over being banned and taking it out on you. I wouldn't hesitate in opening up a dispute/claim through paypal. As said above just follow the paypal guidelines and you'll be fine. It happens to the best of us, don't let one bad apple ruin the classifieds experience on here for you and remember not to do business with <100 posters. Good Luck!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
To both of you. There are rules about buying and selling on this forum.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=107575

THere is a reason for these rules, paypal will get your money back
Not in all cases. I bought speakers once and got screwed. I filed a complaint with Paypal and he admitted to never shipping them to Paypal. THEN I watched him purchase a motorcycle and other things by watching his member name and looking at his recent transactions.

Paypay failed to act and allowed these transactions to take place. When they FINALLY acted they took what he had in his account and booted him off the site. That left me over $115.00 short of full payment. That wasn't ever 1/2 of what I had paid. They then told me the case was closed :cursin:

Guarantee you he just got back on with a different user name and bank account number.

I was foolish for sending money. NEVER do that. Always send money through your credit card. That way if Paypal doesn't do anything complain to your credit card company and they will.
Take my word for it Paypal will sent you hate mail but at least you will have your money back.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I've used Paypal for many of things and had a few disputes and they always made it right. This is going on my 6th year using Paypal. how long did it take for you to open a claim after the item was "received" or in your case not

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
This happened a few years ago. Believe me I was well within Paypal's time window for a claim and it wasn't my first mary go round. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because he said he was having family problems. I was being the nice guy and I got robbed by what is thought to be an honest system.

I hate thieves!!! I might as well of just sent my money off to a Nigerian Prince. People who misrepresent the condition of a part aren't much better.

If I got the chance I'd still kick him and Paypal in the nutz!

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Paypal outside of Ebay is very easy to understand. If you are within the allowed time two things can happen.

1. If you have a signature for delivery, the seller wins.
2. If you didn't get a signature the buyer wins.

Doesn't matter what was in the box. Ebay sales have better buyer protection.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Well a quick look at his itrade ratings and you can see he has 2 + reviews, both for him as the seller, OP where are you located btw? as mentioned he is in Canada. I'd be cautious of posting someone is a bad seller, in all likely hood im sure you will receive your parts, keep in mind and goes w out saying it is the holidays which = busy post office etc, good luck

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Not in all cases. I bought speakers once and got screwed. I filed a complaint with Paypal and he admitted to never shipping them to Paypal. THEN I watched him purchase a motorcycle and other things by watching his member name and looking at his recent transactions.

Paypay failed to act and allowed these transactions to take place. When they FINALLY acted they took what he had in his account and booted him off the site. That left me over $115.00 short of full payment. That wasn't ever 1/2 of what I had paid. They then told me the case was closed :cursin:

Guarantee you he just got back on with a different user name and bank account number.

I was foolish for sending money. NEVER do that. Always send money through your credit card. That way if Paypal doesn't do anything complain to your credit card company and they will.
Take my word for it Paypal will sent you hate mail but at least you will have your money back.
I have dealt with paypal alot over the years and him saying he didn't ship the item you should have got a full refund. I would not have let that go. I have never lost money using paypal. I have even had my card numbers sold and over $600 purchased from a walmart in another state that I have never been to. Money was refunded that day.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts