Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Flame throwing Exhaust ????

16K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  slab42 
#1 ·
Just want to know if anyone knows where i can get a flame throwing exhaust for our 600rr ? ? ? ? If so what kind , where , and how much can i get it for ? ? ? ? ?

* I DONT WANT A FLAME THROWING KIT JUST EXHAUST*

#6 ·
Exhuasts don't usually throw flames. With a good fuel injected bike, throwing flames would probably have to be done by spraying fuel in the canister and igniting with a spark, or running the bike really rich and sparking the muffler... I think.

#8 ·
You have to hook up a seperate fuel system into the slip on with some type of ignition system. It will kill your packing in the exhaust, it will be a pain in the ass to mount the extra fuel somewhere and IMO it will be really pointless, unless its for show purposes. . .

Where do you find emm?> They sell kits for cars and i'm sure they would work on a bike application.

#10 ·
I'm pretty sure it's illegal (and idiotic) to have exhausts that consistently throw flames.

That being said:
The flame is caused by unburned gases in the ehaust that ignite. Aftermarket flamethrower kits inject some kind of accelerant (fuel) into the exhaust to throw flames. I sincerely doubt that you could get that effect just by switching exhaust. You might be able to increase the chance by removing the catalytic converter, but throwing flames is basically just an indication that your bike is running with an improper A/F ratio (translation: like crap).

#12 · (Edited)
If you could get your bike to run pretty rich and either hollow out the cat or remove it, you could probably get flames when slowing down and letting it run through the gears from high rpm's to low rpms. You would also probably have to mave the exhaust have a small leak up toward the header so it would suck small amounts of air in so it would help induce the flames. I had a truck I set up rich and dumped the exhaust underneath. Everytime I would downshift and it would pass the 4k rpm mark it would sorta backfire and it would blow blue flames out until I stopped the truck. It was pretty cool....The only reason I had it running rich was for the NOS. Otherwise I doubt I would do it because you'll be changing plugs all the time.

#13 ·
try downshifting at hi revs and hit the kill switch off / on really quick.. the fuel goes true but does not spark, so fuel in the exhaust, you also need the bike really hot for this... this is not a good idea i wrecks your sh1t, but it is your sh1t so go nuts and have fun....

#14 ·
my stepbrother's F4i he would shoot fire when it was just turned on in the morning, and in cold start mode or whatever, he would bring it up to redline and cut the throttle. a bunch. this is probably not good for the bike. this also worked better with nothing on the exhaust after the header.

#15 ·
[]RhOdEs[] said:
Falme throwing exhaust,,, Ahh I see,,, looking to cook some hotdogs for lunch on them long rides.
If you really want to cook some dogs just wrap them in foil and stick them in the "trunk" and they will be nicely done when you get where you're going.

#17 ·
MacGyver something up... Attach a lighter by the exhaust so when you crack the throttle so hrad, it ignites. Have a can of hairspray mou.ted somewhere on your tail. Rig up a button that shoots the hairspray at the flame, then POW!!!!!!!! That bitch will be shooting flames for like 10 feet if your goin fast enuf...

#22 ·
R6 I sold a friend was shooting blue flames out while we were getting on/riding down the hwy. I put an HMF slip on on it.

#24 ·
RandomStrata said:
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002
look right now the exhaust i have on my cbr 600 rr shoots a litte flame that is about 2-3 inch long and i was asking this because the exhaust is just sliver it has no word on it at all .and i would like to gt another one of these because i did a 12'O wheelie and the tip of the exhaust touched the ground . its pretty messed up just wanted to get some like it to keep the flame .

#25 ·

Unburnt fuel caused this..I stole this pic from someone on here, its been on my comp for a while now (i save interesting pics)..pretty sure that it isn't good for you're engine. PCIII and Custom Map it to get rid of the flames. Someone probably has some sort of a horror story related to a flaming exhaust...or people just cripified their fingers :flamethro

Our bikes from the factory run pretty rich on the fuel so apparenlty it is pretty common for the bike to shoot out flames when you add on a slip on, although I'm not to sure why that would do it. I've read on here somewhere a few weeks ago that when adding a Slip on it actually makes the fuel richer at lower RPM's and leaner at higher RMP's. That I know is one of the causes that can result in a "Flame thrower exhaust", but as I said I'm not sure how adding a slip on does that, I havn't speant too much time researching exhausts yet.

I suggest you do a search for FLAME and you'll find a few threads talking about it.

#26 ·
RandomStrata said:

Unburnt fuel caused this..I stole this pic from someone on here, its been on my comp for a while now (i save interesting pics)..pretty sure that it isn't good for you're engine. PCIII and Custom Map it to get rid of the flames. Someone probably has some sort of a horror story related to a flaming exhaust...or people just cripified their fingers :flamethro

Our bikes from the factory run pretty rich on the fuel so apparenlty it is pretty common for the bike to shoot out flames when you add on a slip on, although I'm not to sure why that would do it. I've read on here somewhere a few weeks ago that when adding a Slip on it actually makes the fuel richer at lower RPM's and leaner at higher RMP's. That I know is one of the causes that can result in a "Flame thrower exhaust", but as I said I'm not sure how adding a slip on does that, I havn't speant too much time researching exhausts yet.

I suggest you do a search for FLAME and you'll find a few threads talking about it.
I THANK YOU VERY MUCH THIS IT JUST WHAT I NEED IT TO KNOW . MY BIKE IS RUN REAL RICH YOU CAN SMELL THE GAS . WHAT SOULD I DO TO FIX THIS !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.