Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get flatspots ? what happens if I do anyways ? My bike is in a COLD garage this WHOLE winter :[ i hope i dont have to get new tiress.... Should I have left my bike on a stand ?

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
You can get flat spots on your tires if you left your bike in the same spot for a very extended period of time.

Flat spot is essentially that, spot on the tire that is flat.

Tires naturally loose air over time, usually 1-2psi per month. Check/Fill your tire with air before you go for a ride.

Check your tire after filling it with air to see if there is a flat spot. An easy way to tell is when your going down the road you'll feel/hear it.

Stands are always a good thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can tell you an awesome way to get flat spots. Drive 2,000 with your bike in the back of a Tundra with a spray on bed liner and no clearance for the tires in the front or back. Guaranteed to take that pesky round tire problem every time.

Seriously though, just check the air pressure get on the bike and round it out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't think its that big a deal given modern tire technology these days, but I always throw my bike on stands when im storing it for the winter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the tips guys but is it too late now? the bike has been sitting since nov. so like 4 months now and i never touched it once, the garage is cold but thats the only place i have to store it, theres no garage door so the weather is whatever is current outside.(and NE weather is unpredictable, i'm from Boston) If i do happen to get flatspots how do i get rid of them? or are they permanant ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just check for proper PSI and take it for a spin. I had some non radial tires on my old truck that would get flat spots if it sat for a couple days. After i drove and they warmed up they went away.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just rotate the tire every 3-4 weeks to avoid warping the carcass of the tire.

Or just be smart and pickup some stands pretty good investment IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts