Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was sitting at a gas station with some buddies gettin ready to leave when we all got the spontaneous urge to rev up our bikes (I'm sure you guys know how that is). So I grabbed my throttle and snapped it to about 10,000-10,500 rpms and let off. To my surprise the engine died as it was returning to idle. Holding the throttle open a little bit while holding down the start button made the engine sputter back to life making me think that it was flooded since this is exactly how 4 wheelers and things that I have previously owned would act when they were flooded. Upon reading up on it a little more in the owner's manual, I decided that this was indeed the case. I didn't think fuel injected bikes could flood that easily (if at all) so I was just wondering if you guys agree or if you have experienced similar problems.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what I was thinking too.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Mark600RRBryant said:
remember our bikes are dual ports, 8 injectors total, so thats alot of gas buddy.
+1 on the 8 inj.

But the engine could be cold and then that may happen, besides that you may have the idlle to low and uppon coming from high revs that may happen to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Before squidly manuevers such as tagging the redline at the gas station, you must make sure the engine is warmed up. LOL:icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well since i had been riding for about 2 hours when it happened and i had only been sitting for about 5 minutes before we decided to take off again and was sitting at idle for about 2 of those 5 minutes, the engine was at about 190 degrees... also, i said i flicked it to about 10,000... idk about yours, robby, but my RR redlines at 15,000. thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Take a joke, bro. It wasn't a serious comment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts