Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Wow! To all of our .net brother's and sister's in Florida, please be safe and wear your gear.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Wooo, I live in florida. I tell you what, I just passed by a guy who went down earlier...and wow, white sheet covering the body, that says it all. No gear, no lid, just good ol short, tshirt and clear sunglasses!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Again the study was for 07, don't think they have 08 numbers:
National 4,833
Florida 530
California 495
Texas 375
Pennsylvania 210
North Carolina 195
Ohio 178
New York 158
Georgia 156
Tennessee 144
Illinois 142
Arizona 127
Virginia 126
Michigan 120
South Carolina 119
Indiana 113
Kentucky 105
Wisconsin 104
Maryland 88
Colorado 84
Missouri 84
Alabama 80
New Jersey 79
Louisiana 78
Arkansas 76
Oklahoma 67
Washington 65
Massachusetts 59
Minnesota 58
Iowa 54
New Mexico 49
Nevada 48
Mississippi 47
Oregon 47
Kansas 41
West Virginia 38
Connecticut 36
Montana 33
Utah 29
Idaho 26
Hawaii 25
South Dakota 24
New Hampshire 23
Maine 18
Wyoming 18
Delaware 15
Nebraska 13
Rhode Island 13
Vermont 7
Alaska 6
North Dakota 6
Dist of Columbia 2

D

·
0 Posts
It's not really that it's that bad to ride around here, even though it is pretty bad, it's just the majority of those deaths are from squids. With the gas prices shooting up like they did, we all saw more and more people buying motorcycles, and Florida is probably the biggest squid state. Thousands more dumbasses on bikes without gear and there will be a huge jump in deaths. 2008 numbers for Florida will be in the thousands.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Its no surprise really. FL has one of the biggest motorcycle communities in the country. Add scooters and mopeds to that count, esp with the rise of gas prices and the weather becoming nice again. No-helmet law and no-Insurance law doesn't help either. So the damn goverment is stepping in with this new ridiculous bike laws.

heck i haven't ridden the bike in a week. it just sits there in the garage looking pretty. Saving it for biketoberfest and the next trackday coming up. Sometimes its not worth it riding in the street when you see all these accidents.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I noticed PA is high up there on the list too. Along with Texas. Both of whom have no helmet law as well.

I don't know what it will take for people to stop being so damn stupid about riding with no gear. I am not in support of a helmet law, but more in support of people not being so goddamn stupid!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
The way I see it: if people want to be stupid and ride without gear, so be it. Let them make that decision and suffer the consequences. Anyone with any common sense (which seems to be fewer and fewer people every year) will wear full gear when they ride, it's a no brainer. Let Darwinism take its course and allow the idiots to weed themselves out of society......unless it raises insurance rates.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
The way I see it: if people want to be stupid and ride without gear, so be it. Let them make that decision and suffer the consequences. Anyone with any common sense (which seems to be fewer and fewer people every year) will wear full gear when they ride, it's a no brainer. Let Darwinism take its course and allow the idiots to weed themselves out of society......unless it raises insurance rates.

TPapp,

That's all warm and fuzzy and all.....but.....people like myself, who pay taxes, are left footing these "idiot's", as you call them, medical bill's. Who do you think foots the medical cost's of all these people who don't wear one shred of safety equipment, or better yet, are not MEDICALLY INSURED? Correct, the American tax paying public. I don't know about you....but I get tired of my tax dollar's paying for all the extra ******** that lazy, non-thinking people get themselves into. I happen to see this on a daily basis in the profession that I work in. Maybe all these state's, including Arizona, might need to go to a manditory helmet law for all rider's and passenger's in all 50 state's. It couldn't hurt. Correct me if I am wrong?.................

Have a little compassion for christsakes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think most of it is simply the fact that the states highest on the list have the most riders, combined with a longer riding season. In the top 3 you can basically ride year around.

Hotter, less people wear gear, more miles, more riders = more accidents.

No big surprise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Utah, pretty low. Do people spend that much time in church and no riding? WTF Oh well.. :five:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
does florida have helmet law?

D

·
0 Posts
I'll tell you why Florida is the deadliest state.. on my ride to Ft. Myers beach today I pull up to a red light and sitting in front of me is three bikers all on hayabusas, no helmets just sunglasses. Two wearing shorts and flip-flops, only one had pants and shoes on. The whole day, I only saw one other person with a helmet and jacket on.. ironically it was a repsol bike couldn't tell whether it was a 600 or a 1000 because he was going the opposite way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts