Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am trying to figure out why when I connect my flush mount lights
the blinking indicators stay lit. The flush mounts only have 2 wires coming off them, the harness has 3. So there is no running lights. If you connect it using the orange with white strip the indicator lights stay on and you have running lights
if you use the solid orange---- no running lights and the indicator lights are off
I don't want to go twisting wire together unless i know for sure.
Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Are these turn signals led by any chance and what kind of turn signals you got in the rear ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had HOTBODIES and it did the same thing (the blinker light stayed on) because i connected the solid orange and the white, orange together. so all I did was take off the running wire and it got rid of that ( constant signal light)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Led Flushies

Let's say the right side is the orange set of wires and left is the blue, here's what you do. I used the connector from the stock signal to wire up the new LED's. Just solder/crimp together the blue to the power lead from your signal and the green to the negative lead. Cut and cap the striped blue. Do the same on the other side, orange being your power and green your negative. If you also have LED's in the rear you will need to install either resistors at each signal front and back or get an LED flasher relay. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Since the stockers where halogen bulbs with a dual filament, they had a high low function. The LEDs only have on or off, so you lose your daytime running light ability. Just take a test light and see which wire gets power when you turn on the signal and use that wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts