Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been reading this site for long time now and decided to sign up. You guys seem to have good tips and advice on things. Well anyway, ive never been on a motorcycle before but have always wanted one since i can remember. Im still in highschool ( 16 years old ) and thinking about getting the honda cbr 600rr as a second bike when i turn 17 or maybe 18. I went to dealership today and sat on a silver 08...too my suprise i could reach the floor on balls of feet almost (im only 5'4). Im getting a ninja 250r to learn on first and probably a few months to a year then getting a cbr600rr.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Lets me start by saying thumbs up for taking the learning curve the smart way and
starting with a 250 cc bike take your time mine you got plenty of riding years ahead
of you if you invest in the learning process you will be a smarter , safer , control
savy rider

Welcome to the RR addiction

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, im gonna take the MSF course and buy all the proper gear. by the way i just moved from Florida (lived there whole life loved it) to N.J (sucks so far and like a freezer) so thats kinda my leverage on my dad buying first bike :icon_lol:. Anyone have tips for riding in the cold? i know this is wrong section but it says i dont have permission to post anywhere else.

·
Registered
172 Posts
tips for riding in the cold....dont ride...or be very careful because it takes awhile for your tires to get warm and fully grip. Dress warm..under armor

and yes..smart for buying a 250 first.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
thanks, im gonna take the MSF course and buy all the proper gear. by the way i just moved from Florida (lived there whole life loved it) to N.J (sucks so far and like a freezer) so thats kinda my leverage on my dad buying first bike :icon_lol:. Anyone have tips for riding in the cold? i know this is wrong section but it says i dont have permission to post anywhere else.

+1000 for the Ninja 250 and the MSF and the Gear,, you are going about this the right way,, good for you :),,, I gotta say that if I were your age and On a 600rr i might not be alive today because of teenage stupidity (No Offence) i even suffer from mid twenties stupidity from time to time,, stick with the 250 for a few years,,, it is def the sickest looking 250 that is available in north america

as for cold weather riding,,, your tires will be cold and slick take it easy in the corners and on the breaks,,,

also new riders tend to be scared to use the front breaks (afraid to flip over the bard),, but using the front breaks is the quickest way to stop, and using only the rear break(newb mistake) is an easy way to low side the bike, Take it easy and practice using both breaks

·
Registered
945 Posts

Where do you live? Where did you live in Florida? I moved from NJ to Fl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.