Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're bringing your helmet with you on a trip do you carry it on or check it in? I've seen how those baggage handlers treat your luggage ... maybe I'm just paranoid about my gear.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
if you are being paranoid, than so am I! I would never put my helmet in the check in luggage. I have seen how those bags get thrown around. Can't blame the handlers though, considereing they handle thousands of heavy arse bags all day long, they can't really baby every bag around, it would take forever. But I would take the helmet as a carry on. Just my oppinion...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Its best if you carry the helmet on the plane you would n't give them
your head would you

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
McShagger said:
Huh? Helmet is:
1) removable
2) replaceable
3) not that valuable
4) if helmet gets lost or damaged -> no big deal.
450.00 is not chump change to me. I will keep the one I have and carry it on. Not everybody is balling to just throw away 4-500 dollars.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
McShagger said:
Huh? Helmet is:
1) removable
2) replaceable
3) not that valuable
4) if helmet gets lost or damaged -> no big deal.
You must be outside your mind. Not that valuable, lost or damaged, no big deal. What if it's an Arai, Shoei, Suomy, Shark..........not that valuable, no big deal.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've decided - I'm going to wear my Shoei the whole time I'm at the airport and on the plane. Do you think they'll even let me on the flight??

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ichiro said:
I've decided - I'm going to wear my Shoei the whole time I'm at the airport and on the plane. Do you think they'll even let me on the flight??
LOL, that would be funny. If you do, be sure to take pics. But I dont think they will let you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Carry on for sure... they don't treat the luggage/items with respect at all. I guess they think speed is more important than care. I've heard if a helmet is dropped twice it is basically totally ruined, 1 is bad enough (xrays showed fractures and such in the shell/protective material). They throw that stuff around, and that definitly wont be good for your helmet.

If they say you can't carry it on, tell them to give you $500 for a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts