Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new xenon bulb in and it was for the wrong bike apparently. Now my head light is foggy and doesnt look like the other side. Its like the mirrors are clouded. Anyway to fix that/clean it? Should I just leave it? Would i be easier to just cover both lights with black-outs?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
are you sure its not condinsation?

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
yeah im real confused i think maybe when you replaced it you got some condinsation. whats the weather like today? i see you are in chicago if its like michigan i would condinsation for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not condinsation. Ill try to post a pic, im at work right now. I first noticed it when I saw the light smoking so I knew it was something with the bulb. Now the inside housing it discolored. If i squeeze my finger in there i can wipe residue out but I can only get my finger in a little bit. (although it cleans up easy with my finger) I assume the residue is from whatever was on the bulb. Anyway to get in there and clean the rest?

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
well you can pull the rubber things out that surround the bulb that will open the hole more and just put something on a flexible wire or something and clean it out. if your finger takes it off it should take much to take the rest off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt know the rubber piece comes off....I give it a try or try that thing that goes on the end of the drill and spins...if i can get that in there it could also work. (Its like a sponge or something)

·
Registered
470 Posts
You might try some air in a can, you know the stuff you clean your keyboard with. Only I wouldn't stick the nozzle al the way in, you may make problems worse.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I bet you burnt something, possibly a way too high wattage bulb smoked the bulb holder or wires or rubber surround. The fumes from rubber buring can leave a film of shyt on things like that, especially chromed plastic or mirrored finishes. Don't ask me how I know that! LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions for cleaning or just leave it? How about getting black-outs that way you wont be able to tell?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts