Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your foot position?

I just wanted to see what kind of feet position most of you guys use when cornering. Personally, I like to lock in my heel on the outside foot, like Nicky's picture below. Sometimes I feel like I cant transition fast enough though on quick turns. Anybody else use this method? Any tips?

Do most of you just keep the balls of your feet on both pegs?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I usually have the arch of my foot on the peg. Make it easier to shift.

C

·
0 Posts
sometimes putting the heel on the outside peg makes it easier to put all yourweight on the outside peg. Much better tire grip. Otherwise I keep the peg on the ball of my foot (not the heel)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Depends on how well I judged my entry. If my speed and line is right then balls on pegs, otherwise is toes on the controls ready for life-saving action.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Balls on the pegs unless shifting, btw find a pic of Nicky on a straight and he won't look like that. It looks like he was just finishing his down shifting and was just following through.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MotoMike25 said:
Balls on the pegs unless shifting, btw find a pic of Nicky on a straight and he won't look like that. It looks like he was just finishing his down shifting and was just following through.
In a straight, just about everyone will have both balls of their feet on the pegs. I'm talking about going through a turn. If you notice, all MotoGP riders have their outside foot like Hayden does in the pic when they are turning.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Alex_V said:
I put mine on passenger pegs for better aerodynamics.
Hahaha, that made me laugh! Thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I run through the corners like the pic above. I figure if the pros do it that way,who am I to think I can figure out a better way. The only time I don't is when I'm going through fast transitions.Then I keep my toes on both pegs to allow for the quick transition.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Disco said:
In a straight, just about everyone will have both balls of their feet on the pegs. I'm talking about going through a turn. If you notice, all MotoGP riders have their outside foot like Hayden does in the pic when they are turning.

Whatever makes your lap times better playuh ! ! ! ! . . . . .

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wolley said:
I run through the corners like the pic above. I figure if the pros do it that way,who am I to think I can figure out a better way. The only time I don't is when I'm going through fast transitions.Then I keep my toes on both pegs to allow for the quick transition.
I feel the same way; although I am so used to the other method that when I try turning with my outside toe on the peg, I feel like I'm gonna fall off the bike!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
On single turns, I'll lock my outside heel in.. makes it easier to upshift if needed, and also to weight the outside peg. On chicanes and switchbacks, I will keep on the ball on at least the 1st turn, maybe swap to locking the outside heel in on the last curve

N

·
0 Posts
chkaotic said:
On single turns, I'll lock my outside heel in.. makes it easier to upshift if needed, and also to weight the outside peg. On chicanes and switchbacks, I will keep on the ball on at least the 1st turn, maybe swap to locking the outside heel in on the last curve
+1, but if the turns for quick switchbacks are long sweepers I'll shifting my footing in the middle of the turn--helps me to grip the tank and body positioning.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dano, you're rocking those elbows Vermeulen style! Don't you feel like you're putting too much stress on the bars that way?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Disco said:
Dano, you're rocking those elbows Vermeulen style! Don't you feel like you're putting too much stress on the bars that way?
More like Spies! Flat-tracking style!

Me, I'm a tad too short in the leg to comfortably use the arch of my foot, so I am on the balls of my feet, but I am rotating them around a bunch to lock my outside heel in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Im always on the balls of my feet.

Putting weight on the inside peg is the worst thing in world to do. I dont know If your ever rode dirtbikes but to spin the rearend of dirtbike you press firmly on the inside peg. Now your causing the same thing to happen on your roadbike when you do that. It increases tire wear and the chance to spin the rear up. Your weight should be on the outside of the peg. The more weight you can get off the edge of the tire will make it last longer and lower the risk of highsiding you off.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Disco said:

I started riding that way after I got a dirtbike last year. Keeps my arms relaxed and my upper body lower by having them bent like that. I also get all kinds of feel for what the front is doing. I find it to be very comfy.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
sometimes putting the heel on the outside peg makes it easier to put all yourweight on the outside peg. Much better tire grip. Otherwise I keep the peg on the ball of my foot (not the heel)
You sereous about getting better grip with your weight on the outside peg. I allways have the balls of my feet on the pegs, and i shift my butt off the seat on the inside, and pretty much sit on my heel. This does mean all the weights on the inside peg, with my outside leg just hooked over the bike.

Anyone else got any opinions on this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts