Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you started selling bikes, did the dealership offer any benefit packages and what was the starting wage?

I know it ranges from state to state but just curious.

I plan on going back to school to finish up my degree and this would be an awesome job seeing how I really like motorcycles.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was a Sales Manager at a dealership in NC..NO benefit packages..I started at about 10 beans an hour + commissions and bonus checks from the factory.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sigma2chi said:
I was a Sales Manager at a dealership in NC..NO benefit packages..I started at about 10 beans an hour + commissions and bonus checks from the factory.
Was it worth it?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I loved it, it's just stressful cause it's not a fixed income. as long as you don't have alot of bills it is a great job. and if you're good you can make alot of money.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sigma2chi said:
cause it's not a fixed income.
That's the part that bothers me. And I do have bills, but I don't want to have to work 10 or 12 hour shifts (8+overtime) because I want to spend that time studying.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I have a pipe dream myself of owning a bike shop of my own someday. I plan on working for the man for 20 years or so, maybe less....saving up a poopload of money, and buying one and doing it till the day I die. I love motorcycles so much, I could see myself doing that even if I lived to be 100. As far as being a motorcycle salesman goes though, I'm about to get my degree in May as well, and I would like to think I can do a little better then that after working 4 hard years towards a degree.

It would be nice to work around something you have a passion for, so I know the feeling. I've tried going various routes in trying to get a job at Honda to no avail. My uncle is Director of the second biggest Honda goldwing club in the country and has many contacts at Honda, and has tried to put me in touch with several of them, but so far nothing has panned out. It would be nice though. ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blade-Runner said:
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
Honestly I have a pipe dream myself of owning a bike shop of my own someday.
Who here doesn't.
The difference is that my dream is going to come true someday ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts