Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I don't really post on here too much but I just wanted to say to all that read this to always ride within your limits and be careful. My brother just passed away on Saturday in a motocycle accident. He's just like me and had been riding since he was about ten years old. He was on his cbr 600 and he was riding in the hills and hit a truck head on. He was 28 years old and started riding motocross and supercross like his older brother (me).

I'm not posting this for pity or sympathy, I just want everyone to realize that no one is superman and it happens that fast. Sorry not trying to preach either but after reading these boards for awhile you all seem like a great bunch of people and I just want everyone to be safe.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Hope you and your family are doing ok considering...really sorry about your loss

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the responses. Sorry if I can across like a jerk or something. It is still quite a blow to us. I was lucky enough to have gone to a hockey game with him the night before and my two girls and my mom got to see him about 5 hours before it happened. Just makes you realize all of the stuff that will never happen now. My friend set up a web page with some photos of him and I did a power point slide show for the services.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
if you feel up to it...I'm sure there are alot of guys here that would like to see the website and pay some respects to a fellow rider....

·
Registered
937 Posts
Sorry for your loss......RIP

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
will be saying a prayer for your brother / you/ and all your family a year ago one of my best freinds passed away about 5 blocks from my house i pass the accident scene on my daily commute as i go by that corner i say my prayers for him it helps me deal with that loss my god bless him / your brother / and your whole family saying a prayer when you think of your loved one's is the best action to do agian god bless you and your brother ( AMEN )

·
Registered
62 Posts
brother

Sorry to hear about your loss. But I am sure he lived life to the fullest and had few regrets, from what it sounds like. We should all be so lucky. My condolences to you and your family. Keep him in your heart as he will forever be on you're mind.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very very sad about your brother. I ride at the track with my brother, too. I will be thinking of you and your family tonight.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dude. Very sorry to hear about your loss. The fact that your brother died riding means that at least he was doing something that made him happy. But the bottom line is - it doesn't matter how he passed away, it's always sad to lose someone, and my condolences goes out to you and your family.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you for posting your loss for us to hear and learn. As a dad of 2 @30 years old it really hits home thinking of who I would leave behind. I have been riding since 7 but always have in the back of my head the dangers, somtimes I forget that we are not supermen.I am so sorry.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts