Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Im buying my parking permit for my motorcycle (usually I just risk it / drive my car), but these are the "requirements" they posted with purchasing the permit:

Permits are valid in "Motorcycle" designated areas. View Map
Permits must be adhered to one of the following:
Left or right side of the wheel fork.
Motorcycle cowling.
End of the rear fender.

Obviously, Im not placing the damn sticker where it could damage my paint and stuff... any recommendations that would be "OK" without me getting 2384 tickets this semester? I was thinking of just slapping it onto the windscreen and using Goo Gone when its time to get rid of it. Any ideas?

If anyone goes to USF, thats where I go to school... as a side note.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i've seen military with their base sticker on the windscreen before, i dont see why not. and if its on the fork it is hardly noticeable and doesnt damage any paint.

EDIT: like this

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is on my front fork. No paint there.. and GooGone takes the adhesive right off
You mind taking a picture when you get a chance? Worst case scenario I just throw it onto the windscreen.

By fork Im thinking the painted parts, as it would be visible there... :S

·
Registered
131 Posts
The fork works pretty good. I had mine there for a while. Also be careful with the goo gone on the windscreen, I just took a decal off my r1 and it etched the screen.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
321 Posts

mine is right below the front fender

It's been on there for a full year, through rain, washing, trackdays, daily driving...

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Also a kickstand plate is a good investment

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
213 Posts
the stickers will 'clean' your fork tube and make it shiny if its silver... ie strip it.

When I went to school I attached mine to some plexiglass and ziptied it.

edit... OMG dead thread revive....

·
Registered
339 Posts
you probably already put it on... but... here's what i did...

I go to ASU and they let you get a "converter" so you can use your bike permit for your car

i thought it was a joke at first...

^i was suppose to chain that to my bike....

so i made this slightly more stylish carbon fiber piece...

fits snuggly under my cowl while riding then hangs out while secured to the "helmet holder" while i'm at school

·
Registered
9 Posts
you probably already put it on... but... here's what i did...

I go to ASU and they let you get a "converter" so you can use your bike permit for your car

i thought it was a joke at first...

^i was suppose to chain that to my bike....

so i made this slightly more stylish piece...

fits snuggly under my cowl while riding then hangs out while secured to the "helmet holder" while i'm at school

Thats a great idea!!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
At JSU they give you a metal piece that's the size of coin and get you to put it on one of the screws to your license plate.Never have to renew it as long as I attend JSU.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts