Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you sleep with both eyes shut at night?? is it worth the investment??? have you used it yet??? and how much did it cost you??? hows it work?? monthly charges?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'd rather spend my $$$ on full insurance coverage.....unless you have an insane amount of aftermarket parts...
Agreed, 100%. Think of it in worst case scenario.

Let's say your bike gets stolen with a Lo-jack on it. Worst case scenario is they beat the Lo-jack system, which is all too possible, and get away with it. You get your refund from Lo-jack for the cost of the system and that's it. Insurance may cover most of the rest, but they probably will not cover all of it, since it's a little overkill to have full coverage and Lo-jack.

Now, with full coverage, the insurance company is financially, and more importantly, LEGALLY obligated to give you money for the bike, to the tune of the KBB value I think. There's no uncertainty and maybes in that. You WILL get the bike's value, period. Full coverage might be more expensive, but full coverage has more benefits than just theft reimbursement. I believe you get better coverage all around.

In the end, it's up to you. The Lo-jack is a good system and it works, but it's not unbeatable, and in the event it does get beat, you'll be kicking yourself in the rear that you didn't do things differently. Just my more than humble opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im not to sure about how well theives get arounfd the lo jack system but I have heard instances where lo jack has led police to warehouses full of stolen bikes. Im no commercial for them but my idea is if there is a sysem out there that can drive down the rate of motorcycle theft then insurance prices will go down...I went to progressive here in houston,tx and they wanted 430$ a month......thats twice what I was payin for the bike...I think its a one time fee for lo jack and its not crazy expensive...help put these guys behind bars rather than drive premiums up and let thieves get away with it is what I say

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
can you sleep with both eyes shut at night?? is it worth the investment??? have you used it yet??? and how much did it cost you??? hows it work?? monthly charges?
does it actually work???? Here in London it's the theft capital of Ontario....

·
Registered
753 Posts
No way am I getting LoJack

If my bike gets stolen, I never want to see what is left of it again. I'll take the insurance money and pick up another. They made a bunch of them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ive seen lojack take some time. By that i mean you have to wait for a squad car that actually has lojack equipment on it to even get there. God forbid if the cop is doing something more important. I would hate to see a cop pulled from something serious because he has a lojack squad car just to get my bike. Plus most the time if someone is stealing a bike and knows what there doing your bike will not look like your bike when it is found. Just like a poster said above me. If my bike is stolen i never want to see it again give me my check and good day.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
well guys if you want to track your CBR you could always use a boost mobile phone, and mologo or their own gps tracking system. Just hide the phone on the bike somewhere, and, use a bluetooth helmet to place calls. Only for emergencies though! would cost about $6 a month to track, costs 35 cents a day for the data plan

·
Registered
154 Posts
lojack is a waste of money. It doesnt find your vehicle it gives you an area its in, and to be able to get that information the squad car has to be in the general area. We had the cops show up at my job one time telling my boss that there was a stolen car in our warehouse and we went back and opened it for the cops and no car. Thats when the cop told us that lojack just gives you the area the car is in.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Man. By the time Lojack finds your stuff theres a good chance shyt has been scratched or broken.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts