Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNCLAS
MSGID/GENADMIN/CO MCB CAMP LEJEUNE NC//
SUBJ/CHANGE 2 MOTOR VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS FOR MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE NC//
REF/A/MSG/MARADMIN 322-05/191900ZJUL05//
REF/B/DOC/MCO 5100.19E WITH CH 1-3/29 DEC 00//
REF/C/DOC/MCO P1020.34G WITH CH 1-4/31 MAR 03//
REF/D/DOC/BO P5560.2L WITH CH 1/30 NOV 05//
AMPN/REF A IS PROCEEDINGS OF MARINE CORPS UNIFORM BOARD NO. 207. REF B IS MARINE CORPS TRAFFIC SAFETY PROGRAM/DRIVESAFE. REF C IS MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS. REF D IS MCB CAMP LEJEUNE, NC MOTOR VEHICLE TRAFFIC REGULATIONS.
NARR/THIS IS CH 2 TO REF D. THIS MSG DIRECTS A CHANGE IN MCB CAMP LEJEUNE NC MOTOR VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS BO P5560.2L CHAPTER 3 (PERSONNEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT). PAGES 3-13 AND 3-14 OF REF D ARE TO BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH UPDATED PAGES TO BE RELEASED UNDER SEPARATE CORRESPONDENCE.//
POC/J. L. PICKETT/GS12 BASE SAFETY MANAGER/ ISS/TEL: DSN 751-5725/EMAIL: [email protected]//
POC/ W. P.AUDSLEY/LTCOL/II MEF SAFETY MANAGER/TEL: DSN 751-4291/EMAIL: [email protected]//
RMKS/1. THIS IS A COORDINATED CG II MEF/CO MCB CAMP LEJEUNE MESSAGE.
2. COMMANDERS' INTENT: IT IS MY AIM TO PROTECT OUR MOTORCYCLISTS. DON'T ASSUME YOU CAN BE SEEN; RIDE WITH YOUR LIGHTS ON; WEAR ALL OF YOUR PPE AND REMEMBER TO RIDE SAFE.
3. SUMMARY OF CHANGES.
A. REFLECTIVE VEST: REFLECTIVE VESTS WILL BE WORN AS THE OUTER-MOST GARMENT AND ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES, ON AND OFF-BASE, IN AND OUT OF UNIFORM. ONLY VESTS THAT ARE INTERNATIONAL ORANGE, BRIGHT YELLOW, OR LIME-GREEN ARE AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR AS AN OUTER GARMENT. EACH VEST WILL HAVE A MINIMUM OF TWO 1 1/2 TO 2 INCH REFLECTIVE STRIPES, WHICH EXTEND FROM THE HEM, UP AND OVER THE SHOULDERS TO THE REAR HEM, OR FROM SIDE TO SIDE ON BOTH THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE VEST. THE VEST IS AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR BY SERVICE MEMBERS IN UNIFORM AND SHOULD BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THE SERVICE MEMBER DISMOUNTS THE MOTORCYCLE/MOPED/SCOOTER. BACKPACKS MUST BE WORN UNDER THE VEST. REFLECTIVE RUNNING BELTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED AS REPLACEMENTS FOR REFLECTIVE VEST. BLACK REFLECTIVE VESTS ARE NO LONGER AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR/USE.
B. CIVILIAN CLOTHES: PROPERLY WORN LONG-SLEEVED SHIRT OR JACKET, LONG-LEGGED TROUSERS, APPROVED REFLECTIVE VEST AND FULL-FINGERED GLOVES OR MITTENS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. MOTORCYCLE JACKETS AND PANTS CONSTRUCTED OF ABRASION RESISTANT MATERIALS SUCH AS LEATHER, KEVLAR AND/OR CORDURA AND CONTAINING IMPACT-ABSORBING PADDING ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
C. UNIFORM: SERVICE MEMBERS WEARING THE SUMMER UNIFORM (SHORT SLEEVE "C" SHIRT OR CAMOUFLAGED UTILITY UNIFORM WITH SLEEVES ROLLED UP) SHALL WEAR PROTECTIVE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY JACKETS (MAY INCLUDE IMPACT RESISTANT SHOULDER AND ELBOW PADS) AND AN APPROVED REFLECTIVE VEST OVER THEIR UNIFORM WHILE RIDING A MOTORCYCLE/MOPED/SCOOTER. THE JACKET AND VEST MUST BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THE SERVICE MEMBER DISMOUNTS THE MOTORCYCLE/MOPED/SCOOTER. THE JACKET MUST NOT CONTAIN GRAPHICS OR TEXT CONSIDERED INAPPROPRIATE WITH THE IMAGE OF THE MARINE CORPS. SERVICE MEMBERS WEARING THE WINTER UNIFORM (LONG SLEEVE SHIRT OR CAMOUFLAGE UTILITY UNIFORM WITH SLEEVES ROLLED DOWN) WILL WEAR AN APPROVED REFLECTIVE VEST. WEARING A PROTECTIVE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY JACKET IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
4. THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED PER REF D AT ALL TIMES WHEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE/MOPED/SCOOTER ON OR OFF-BASE, IN CIVILIAN CLOTHES OR UNIFORM.
A. HARD SOLE BOOTS OR SHOES.
B. DOT, SNELL OR ANSI APPROVED HELMET PROPERLY FASTENED UNDER THE CHIN.
C. IMPACT OR SHATTER RESISTANT GOGGLES OR FULL-FACE SHIELD ATTACHED TO HELMET.
D. FULL FINGERED GLOVES OR MITTENS.
E. LONG-LEGGED TROUSERS.
F. LONG SLEEVES ARE ALWAYS REQUIRED AND WILL BE ENFORCED.
G. APPROVED REFLECTIVE VEST.
5. THESE CHANGES WILL BE ENFORCEABLE BEGINNING 10 APRIL 06.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know here at Fort Campbell (Army) You are required to wear everything you must wear for your MSF class. Long sleeves, Pants, Boots, gloves, Reflective vest and DOT helmet. It don't matter if you are on post or off. Kentucky has a no helmet law but soldiers are still required to wear their helmet. (Some don't) Also heard if a soldier is hurt on a motorcycle and they didn't have proper equipment on their medical don't have to pay out or something like that. Oh and you have to take the MSF course to ride on post.

Brent

·
Registered
870 Posts
Have the marines not figured out the caps lock button. It is to the left of the A key. Try it is cool and other people will like you.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
919 said:
Have the marines not figured out the caps lock button. It is to the left of the A key. Try it is cool and other people will like you.
i didnt wirite it, all marine corps orders come in caps. on lejeune you are SUPPOSED to wear the reflective vest even off base but no one ever does

·
Registered
870 Posts
jonnyringo893 said:
i didnt wirite it, all marine corps orders come in caps. on lejeune you are SUPPOSED to wear the reflective vest even off base but no one ever does

Like I said I guess marines havent figured out the caps key.

Peace

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's a D.O.D. order, not branch specific. of course, there might be variations of the order but for the most part, that's it. You have to wear all yur "safety" gear, on or off base/post. but like you said most don't when they are on liberty, i know i don't sometimes...the reflective vest that is.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
919 said:
Well it's not really the Marines, that message is in standard Naval format. The Marines are a department of the Navy so go and bash the Navy.

·
Registered
870 Posts
gosh darn navy cant figure out the caps lock. How much are paying these admirals to play around with their boats in the bath tub.

Peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts