Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike down to the dealer today to have it looked over and get my tire pressure checked and the temptation was too great- I couldn't just ride home. I noticed a lot in those two hours, and the vets will tell you the same about this, but last year was my first season and this is my first complete season. People are not used to seeing us. Please take it easy for the first few months you get back in the saddle. I had quite a few incidents while I was out, more than I'd ever see driving a car. People aren't paying attention, they're not expecting to see a motorcycle. They aren't scanning the road for us like they start to do mid summer (we all know a lot of them never do). I also noticed a lot of potholes, sand, rocks, and other debris in the road. Watching out for that stuff is a given, even in the summer when most of it is long gone. When I was in the shop I noticed a few banged up sportbikes, all with destroyed front rims. They were all caused by potholes.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, please be careful. I care about my fellow riders very much and I'd hate to see any of you get hurt or feel badly about having to repair your bike over a get-off. ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
chrisNH, not to de-rail your topic, but do you check your tire pressure when the tires are cold? :razz:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
yeah man. i was constantly revving my bike to tell people i was around. felt good to ride though. 5 or 6 months it has been since i last got on it

·
Registered
602 Posts
same here. i started riding a little last season, and this will be my first full season. i haven't taken out my bike yet because my rear tire has a nail in it. (no money to spend right now) it's something i'd never imagined to happen to me..... and the interesting fact is that i only rode 500 miles last season.

what a luck....

i saw this dude on new 05 kawi passing by me while i was driving. i'm not a big fan of kawi, but i envied him for a sec. boo hoo. can't wait.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good post. The potholes in my area are numerous. I have kept an eye out for them, but this post has made me even more cautious. And I always run Highbeams in the day. Another thing to mention, is those with lesser experience...always ride to the outside (far right) of the road when coming to a sudden stop due to traffic up ahead, therefore if a cage needs to lock up the brakes, your pretty much out of the way, to let them skid if needed, not into you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts