Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question.. for those who put in an aftermarket exhaust, did you guys have to get an 02 Sensor Eliminator Kit like this one?:

...or did you just let the warning light stay on? Does it affect the engine performance at all?

I didn't have to consider these things when i had my 600rr in Chicago... but, just wanted to be better informed on the Cali bikes vs. 49 state ones... thanks in advance.

and if there are any other things to know about the Cali bikes, please chime in! I'd like to know how to care for the new baby...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
it depends on whether the full system has ports for the o2 sensors or not. give me a call and i can give you some tips. there is really not too much to it.

cheers... nick - mri

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Not necessary for slip-on. But for full system (or if you are running 49-state headers, as is the case with mine because the bigger/heavier CA headers interfere with my race bodywork), yes you use TWO of those plugs to eliminate the warning light.

Not using a plug will not hurt anything per se -- the problem is, if there ever is a real problem, you wouldn't know it without having a functioning warning light.

FYI, the O2 sensor is only there to monitor O2 levels when cruising (i.e. at a certain constant RPM / speed, it will lean out the air-fuel ratio to reduce emissions).

·
Registered
389 Posts
if you cant mount the o2 sensors on the header then it is best to use the eliminator, like quasi said. as for what else to do to your cali bike you can remove the evap canister and solenoid. i had to remove mine to install my full system because it was in the way. also you may consider removing the PAIR equipment, again depending on exhaust choice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a brand new 02 sensor eliminator for sale. Its by dynojet. I ordered 2 of them but an 05 model only needs 1..

Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need a 02 eliminator for my 06 cbr 600rr full titanium Arata exhaust removed the par system already what else can I do to her to make it faster i went down a tooth in the back and I like the speed I got out of that but would like some more bottom end power I don't track day my bike but would like to but I also drag race it now and then went 11.0 118mph stock have not been back since full system airfilter plugs per delet ordered a pc5 autotune but bike would not start removed it and it started up after 9 months of trying to figure out the problem and past the return period of the place I purchased from hopefully dyno jet will send me a new one any ideas about what ecu to buy my bike is currently just a 3k miles it sat for years and fuel pump went out yesterday first ride after forever and 😔 but it was fun while it lasted o yeah and carbon fiber belly skirts tank panels fender tire hugger chain guard that should be 5 horse with the new Honda stickers

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need a 02 eliminator for my 06 cbr 600rr full titanium Arata exhaust removed the par system already what else can I do to her to make it faster i went down a tooth in the back and I like the speed I got out of that but would like some more bottom end power I don't track day my bike but would like to but I also drag race it now and then went 11.0 118mph stock have not been back since full system airfilter plugs per delet ordered a pc5 autotune but bike would not start removed it and it started up after 9 months of trying to figure out the problem and past the return period of the place I purchased from hopefully dyno jet will send me a new one any ideas about what ecu to buy my bike is currently just a 3k miles it sat for years and fuel pump went out yesterday first ride after forever and 😔 but it was fun while it lasted o yeah and carbon fiber belly skirts tank panels fender tire hugger chain guard that should be 5 horse with the new Honda stickers
That was me on the side of hwy 50 did a photo shoot while waiting for toe truck

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I hate to say it, but if you want bottom end power you bought the wrong bike. 600's need revs to make power. Adjust your riding style to accomodate and you will be just fine. The PC5 with autotune works great if you can get one that isn't malfunctioning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah was looking for a liter bike but I found this one that had been sitting with short short rides on it single owner bike with just over 1k on it and he took 2885 for it so could not pass it up but im currently into it 6880 with mods so um yeah may have been able to find a 1000 but nothing with that low mileage maybe I can sell it for a decent amount when its all tuned proper I also had it repainted and clearcoated super glossy now or ill just keep her because she is built how I like it just missing the power I want I guess but I have been smoking the gsxr boys and a few other cbr600s not sure if it's there riding or the bike being fresh but I got them tell the pump **** on me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to this website. So Ima just ask my question here hope someone can help . I have 09 Honda cbr 600rr I rode the bike for 30 min in the morning and changed the oil like 6 hr later . I started it up ran good . Once I gave it gas it start making a rattle where the valve are at so I turned it off right away . I was running 10w-30 and the bike shop told me to run 10w-40 cuz Las Vegas has higher temperatures . So I did can that be the problem or is it the oil pump. I would really appreciate any advice or any suggestions . Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts