Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out from my brother that USAA does not insure motorcylces for new motorcycle customers anymore. However, if you have a motorcycle on your insurance already, you can add additional bikes to your insurance. If you only have one bike on your insurance and you total it out, you must get another bike on your insurance before the totalled bike gets dropped off your insurance. Otherwise, you wont be able to get a bike on USAA ever again.

Just thought I would let you know...

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you only have one bike on your insurance and you total it out, you must get another bike on your insurance before the totalled bike gets dropped off your insurance. Otherwise, you wont be able to get a bike on USAA ever again.

I totaled out my last bike and they told me if I got another bike in addition to the newly salvaged bike that I kept, it would be through progressive on a seperate policy. The good news is they gave me a good payoff for the bike and covered replacement costs for my helmet, jacket, etc.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Gambler said:
If you only have one bike on your insurance and you total it out, you must get another bike on your insurance before the totalled bike gets dropped off your insurance. Otherwise, you wont be able to get a bike on USAA ever again.

I totaled out my last bike and they told me if I got another bike in addition to the newly salvaged bike that I kept, it would be through progressive on a seperate policy. The good news is they gave me a good payoff for the bike and covered replacement costs for my helmet, jacket, etc.
I've been told by a few people that USAA doesn't pay for gear in a wreck. I found that kind of odd and I didn't like that part. So they did pay for your gear?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, Ive got all my stuff through USAA and they told me that same crap. Went through State Farm, here in GA they beat everyone hands down. Im 29, married, clean record, full coverage including med payments and uninsured motorist, 500 deduct, im paying $239 for 6 month premium. Not bad compared to all the other quotes.

Progressive can kiss my ass

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
BlueBlur said:
yeah, they are underwriting through progressive now if yu want a policy with them.
yeah and progressive has another company called "drive" or TWG insurance, thats even cheaper than progressive itself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah, they paid for everything i made a claim on. all i had to do is show receipts/invioces for my gear. oh, and i had to snap some shots of the damage i did to my gear.

+1 on state farm...they are the cheapest i've seen and i'll be getting a policy with them in about a year after an old car accident clears off my record.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
usaa sucks!!! i had an f4i stolen in april and when i replaced it with my 600rr a week later they added it to my policy but called 2 days later and told me that it was being dropped because of the theft even tho the other bike was still on my policy at the time. but they did pay out for the f4i and all of the mods that were on it without the receipts, just pics of them on the bike. it still sucks tho because we have 2 vehicles and our house on usaa but they wont cover my bike now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
TxAg98 said:
Yeah, Ive got all my stuff through USAA and they told me that same crap. Went through State Farm, here in GA they beat everyone hands down. Im 29, married, clean record, full coverage including med payments and uninsured motorist, 500 deduct, im paying $239 for 6 month premium. Not bad compared to all the other quotes.

Progressive can kiss my ass

I HAVE USAA. IM 23, SINGLE, CLEAN RECORD, WITH FULL COVERAGE AND I ONLY PAY $20.00 A MONTH. ABOUT $120.00 FOR 6 MONTH POLICY

·
Registered
40 Posts
usaa sucks!!! i had an f4i stolen in april and when i replaced it with my 600rr a week later they added it to my policy but called 2 days later and told me that it was being dropped because of the theft even tho the other bike was still on my policy at the time. but they did pay out for the f4i and all of the mods that were on it without the receipts, just pics of them on the bike. it still sucks tho because we have 2 vehicles and our house on usaa but they wont cover my bike now.

no doubt! i am switching over to a different company after my policy ends...they took too long to pay me and charged me $1,800 to buy back my 2002 GSXR 750 that was almost worthless to sell to a salvage yard. so i think the buy back was 25-30% of the value, the only reason i wanted it was for a friend who wanted to buy it as a stunt bike.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
hmmmm... i have had NO problems with them with anything. i've been with them since '99 and have my insurance for my cars, bikes, and renter's poilcies.

·
Registered
108 Posts
USMC2111 said:
I HAVE USAA. IM 23, SINGLE, CLEAN RECORD, WITH FULL COVERAGE AND I ONLY PAY $20.00 A MONTH. ABOUT $120.00 FOR 6 MONTH POLICY
Yeah, Id be paying about the same if they didnt have that stupid "no new moto policy". But now they underwrite through Progressive which quoted me like $800 something for a year.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i got one accident and im 25, and that drive company that progressive has, wants like $1800 for a yr, full coverage. thats the cheapest ive seen so far.
aslo you guys should seek out Dairyland Insurance, they are pretty cheap, but picky about who they insure. they wont insure me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
I've been told by a few people that USAA doesn't pay for gear in a wreck. I found that kind of odd and I didn't like that part. So they did pay for your gear?
Yep, USAA paid for 100% of my riding gear when I went down. They issued a separate check for over a thousand dollars that wasn't tied to the motorcycle settlement claim.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts