• Nay

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking of some more stuff I could possibly make. Lately I've been wanting to get back into working with aluminum and try my hand at carbon fiber again, so what better then something that would use both that no-one else does?

What are your thoughts on a carbon fiber shifter linkage with aluminum thread inserts? Prices would probably be around $30-$35, depending on the prices of the CF and resin.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
thats right, shoot down his dream
the guy already makes kick ass parts ,and i was just mentioning thats its availible ...ie ...sellable .

no dream killed here .

Its a hard part to find and it may not even be available anymore

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never seen any for sale either. I have seen some around, but just never seen some. I'd make it out of real, solid carbon fiber. No fake stuff for me, or wrapping.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've never seen any for sale either. I have seen some around, but just never seen some. I'd make it out of real, solid carbon fiber. No fake stuff for me, or wrapping.
dude id definetly be interested get a prototype made and post some pics! how about some fairings and other cf parts? too much competition already?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude id definetly be interested get a prototype made and post some pics! how about some fairings and other cf parts? too much competition already?
I don't have the time or fund to start on CF fairings or anything. I really dislike carbon fiber too, so I would only do small things that wouldn't be too much of a hassle to me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd like some kind of CF cover for the stock rear shock resivoir(03-06). I've seen them done before, but haven't seen them for sale.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I can't do anything for an 03-06 unless it's the same part on the 08. It's hard to make for what you don't have.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, I can't do anything for an 03-06 unless it's the same part on the 08. It's hard to make for what you don't have.
oh..............ok

1 - 15 of 15 Posts