Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh, wait. he forgot about me...

i bought a track only bike from Dre (former site member) back on Jan 3 and I still don't have the title for it. He said that he needed to pay it off, get the title, then get it to me, but I haven't heard anything from the dude in a month, and he hasn't responded to the two voice mails that i left in the last two weeks.

anybody have any suggestions on what i need to do? will i face some kind of liability if i dont have the title? do i need it to race the bike? is there some recourse i have to obtain the title if he won't ever get it to me?

thanks for any advice, this sucks. he got his money when i took the bike and still owes me the title and the charger for the timer...least he can do is let me know what the holdup is.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I was just listening to that song this morning.

Sucks to hear about your situation. Not sure what your options are for getting the title. Where is he from?

Just keep on him about the stuff.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Dre is "local" to Georgia. I've ridden & talked with him at the track before and always found him to be a standup guy. He mentioned before that his job keeps him running and he's very busy. No idea what the delay might be so just keep trying to contact him and go from there.

No, you don't need the title to race the bike - but it's always best to have it.

C

·
0 Posts
Busy or not that hosed up. I dont care how busy you are, he had no problem finding the time to take the money from skinee, hes had almost 2 months...he could have found time to get the title by now. He cant even call to at least let him know whats going on? C'mon. He's shadey or lazy, one of the two. Take your pick.

N

·
0 Posts
This is what I say to people that don't have the title in their hands:

Go get a loan, pay off the bike, once you have the title, holla back. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nemesis said:

Thats when i say to people like you...thanks for stopping by as i roll my stuff back into the garage! Theres always another buyer... :roll:

N

·
0 Posts
Jeffro600 said:
Nemesis said:

Thats when i say to people like you...thanks for stopping by as i roll my stuff back into the garage! Theres always another buyer... :roll:
That's when I say to people like you, "Learn how to budget your money and go through a bank or pay in cash." :D

C

·
0 Posts
Please stop. :bitchslap:

skinee,
Did you write a bill of sale or a transfer of ownership form? Any contract stating that he owes you the title? Do you have more contact information on him besides a phone number? My friend bought a bike from someone on Sunday and all the banks were closed so he had the guy mail him the pink slip.

Have you done a VIN check? The only way to get the title is pay off his bank loan (he should have done that already.) Chances are he may have spent the money and can't afford to finish paying off the loan. You could demand your money back in exchange for the bike. Or else once you talk to him set a date to meet at the bank and get this taken care of.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, thanks for the advice everyone.

and yeah jet, i believe Dre to be a stand-up guy, but this is getting annoying. i've called him 3 times in 3 months and the last 2 havent been returned. i'm sure he's busy, but i'm also sure he could find time to call me back and let me know what's up.

i DO have a bill of sale, i got the bike at his house so i know where he lives and his cell and home #'s, but i dont want to stalk the dude, i just want the title for a bike that i paid for without having to be a d**k.

thanks cv, i will check the vin...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha! i KNEW the power of 600rr.net could be used for good as well as evil!

all i had to do was post this topic and i would hear from him, and dammit if i didnt. i wish i would have posted it a month ago and let the 600rr voodoo work for me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
Please stop. :bitchslap:
I will cuz he obviously thinks the world is out to bend over backwards and please him...i guess since i dont know how to "budget" my money, i couldnt get that loan for my bike a 3.5%, nor pay for a nice house and car. Since he knows me and my financial situation, i wont start a fight...it will get me nowhere.

N

·
0 Posts
You think you're the only one with a house and car(s). I got two RR's with title in hand.

You obviously don't know how to budget or control you spending because if you did you would have the title in your hand. It's not that hard to understand.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Nemesis said:
You think you're the only one with a house and car(s). I got two RR's with title in hand.

You obviously don't know how to budget or control you spending because if you did you would have the title in your hand. It's not that hard to understand.
Doesn't Jesus say that you're not supposed to Pass Judgement on others.... :roll:

N

·
0 Posts
You're forgetting one vital part, E: Jesus said do not judge lest you be judged. :mrgreen:

I'm waiting.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
and I'm....OUTTA HERE :Vroam:

C

·
0 Posts
Dear God.. Please make it stop...

Now days everybody wants to talk, but when they got something to say and the words come out its just a bunch of jibberish and the mother fucker acts like they forgot about Dre. (or something like that roll: )

Once again it's dust on the chicken shitt... :

C

·
0 Posts
PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS....

Originally posted by Nemesis:
You obviously don't know how to budget or control you spending

What the hell are you talking about? Do you think people build up credit by paying with cash? Banks love it when people pay off a loan. They will loan you more money next time. So you buy a big house and sell it for more than you owe and make a killing off of it. Your credit score goes up and your whining about not knowing how to budget or control spending. Your idea does not even consider building up credit. After all you are dissing on Dre because he didn't have the pink slip in hand. Did you forget about Dre? Ya, he has a better credit score now from the purchase compared to the nothing that you got from paying with cash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts