Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya....

I have a very strange problem, I have a CBR 600RR 07 model ... and my left fork seems to be leaking from the bottom.
(rather than usual cases from the top)

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, or maybe anyone has an idea what I can do...

Help , Greatly appreciated ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go to your local shop and see if they carry a tool called a seal mate its like a little plastic tab thing and you use it on the forks between the fork and fork seal cause your issue is probably just dirt got up under your fork seal

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
seal mate just picks the dirt out?

Yeah that's all it does because just a little dirt or debris in between your forks and fork seals can cause a leak I had leaky forks and used the seal mate and it fixes the issue

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I guess you can try black goats recommendation first but if that doesn't work I would buy a new seal and replace it. Since you haven't said anything since the 5th i'm assuming it worked but if not I had the same problem and replacing my seals worked. Also, depending on how many miles you have on the bike you might as well replace the bushings inside as it's a PITA to work on the forks if you don't have something to compress the springs.

You may also want to check the fork slider itself around the seal area to make sure there aren't any deep scratches otherwise you are going to continue to have leaks even with a new seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts