Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just replaced both of my bent forks and when I got it all back together its still crooked, cocked to the left a little. It not by a whole lot but enough where the safety would bother me, can the upper and lower triples be adjusted seperately? Niether of them look bent but Im not exactly sure... Any insight anyone?

·
Registered
623 Posts
You could loosen the upper triple clamp nut and retorque it. That might adjust it enough to be straight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chances are if you bent your forks that you bent your triples. The upper triple will twist before the fork tubes will bend.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea...I got a lower from my buddy and it sat a little straighter and I saw that my upper triple is tweaked just a little on that side.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread but I couldnt find relevent info. i have a problem with my forks and I dont know where to start troubleshooting. The wheel is tweaked to the left enough to bother me and IDK if the tubes are bent or if its the triple trees. Any way I can go about this to check whats wrong? Is there a chance the settings got f'ed up?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
you need a front stand the uses the pin in the center rather than the one that holds the bottom of the forks.

Once on the stand loosten all the bolts that clamp the forks then simply twist the bars to be straight with the wheel. ( I've raced dirt bikes for years and I always have to re-align the bars and wheel after a crash. )

You have two bores on the top tripple and two bores on the bottom tripple. If these bores are not perfectly in line with each other, your forks will look like they twist. If you stuck like 10 ft. poles in the bores, they'd eventually cross each other.

check to see if anything looks bent or damaged. If it looks alright, chances are, you just have to line everything back up. Maybe the manual has a good way to do this but I haven't had this problem on my street bike so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
sweet, i will start this out right away. Everything DOES look straight, only the tubes look slightly twisted like you said. They would probably touch with 10 ft sticks in them. Before I try this though, I am concerned that after I loosen the triple tree clamp the frame will slide down the tubes from the weight. I think ill just prop up the bike with a stand from underneath.

Thanks! I was hoping this was a possibility :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yes, that's why he said to use a front stand that picks the bike up from the steering head, rather than the kind that picked up the front from the bottom of the forks ^^^ you can use a shim, like a piece of wood or anything else to put under the wheel so that the forks don't drop out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts