Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was finishing up replacing my fork seals and oil for the first time. Not too hard of job until it came time to compress the spring to thread the damping rod into the the fork bolt. After some playing around i rigged up my jack with some tie downs to help compress the spring. It worked alright for the first one and I got it back together fine, but on the second one one of my straps shifted and broke the white plastic spring spacer which I know have a replacement on the way from the dealership. My question for everyone is when that broke it slightly bent the rod attached to the fork bolt. I have a friend who works with metal who is going to attempt to get it straight again for me but do you think it is even worth trying? The replacement is not cheap so I would like to fix it but I dont know if it is something that will greatly affect my suspension. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If its not perfectly straight, it wont travel through the tube properly and could bind up which could end in disaster. Id def look to get a new or straight used one.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Youll just have to scour the classifieds. I had some but they were also bent in a head on.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
If anyone has a fork bolt for sale please pm me. .

hey bro, I have to do mine to, after doing it, would you pay 150 or just do it yourself?

Good luck in finding the part, If I end up with a spare ill pm you,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pay the 150 unless you enjoy the DIY projects. I spent almost 140 on the tools, oil and seals and it was a mess. The only part that's real hard is compressing the spring and they make some tools to help but I didnt have the money for them and ended up breaking something because of it. Now I have to leave the bike ripped apart for a week to wait for parts.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Pay the 150 unless you enjoy the DIY projects. I spent almost 140 on the tools, oil and seals and it was a mess. The only part that's real hard is compressing the spring and they make some tools to help but I didnt have the money for them and ended up breaking something because of it. Now I have to leave the bike ripped apart for a week to wait for parts.
I know how this feeling. I broke the bolts in the engine casing TWICE because I was too cheap to buy a torque wrench. Ended up waiting for parts nearly a month. The lesson learned was gotta pay to play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.