Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat new to some of the maintenance on bikes so I wanted to post on here to see if the issue I have is common. The problem I have is that my bike sit outside for a couple days and the temps got up to about 105 both days and on the second day I came outside and noticed that my left fork had leaked a little (enough to put a 50 cent sized spot on the concrete) cleaned off what was on the fork and moved the bike inside while I was out of town. When I returned it hadn't leaked anymore. So what I really need to know is this from the seal expanding from the heat or is this a sign of needing to replace the fork seals, any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I'm somewhat new to some of the maintenance on bikes so I wanted to post on here to see if the issue I have is common. The problem I have is that my bike sit outside for a couple days and the temps got up to about 105 both days and on the second day I came outside and noticed that my left fork had leaked a little (enough to put a 50 cent sized spot on the concrete) cleaned off what was on the fork and moved the bike inside while I was out of town. When I returned it hadn't leaked anymore. So what I really need to know is this from the seal expanding from the heat or is this a sign of needing to replace the fork seals, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Well the heat isn't an issue....

My bike is constantly in 115. - 120 degree temps and it's not leaking nor does any other bike in az

So yea bad seals

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
192 Posts
^^ Try the Sealmate!! I had a slight leak in my left fork and was about to replace them till I tried that! Worked like a charm! Definitely worth the 5 bucks! Will replace the seals eventually but for a quick cheap fix it worked!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
541 Posts
Was there signs of oil on the chrome tube or just on the bottom of the axle casting?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Any oil around the dust seal area or around the middle to top of the lower fork tube/casting?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah sounds like a seal problem. Give it a clean out with that saver tool first.
Any nicks/chips on the chrome tube, any idea if/when the seals where replaced last and or serviced?

Reactions: blueshark515

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure when the seals where last done. I know its been atleast 2 years or so cause thats how long i have owned the bike. but thanks for all the help thats one of the reasons i joined the forum is to meet cool people and to get help on things like this

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Get it fix and replace, I just did mine ago. Meanwhile waiting for parts . I just wrapped a cloth around the forks so all the oil wouldn't leak down towards my rotors and rim/tires. Good luck mate !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to thank everyone for there input on this its been a big help I'm taking the bike in for service so ill have them take a look and see about getting them replaced

1 - 13 of 13 Posts