Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 cbr 600rr 30xxx miles, with leaks on the stanchions. Going to take it in to my mechanic but i need part numbers (preferably oem spec) for what i should replace. Im trying to do seals and bushings for sure but im not sure if im missing anything else. Please reply with part numbers.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Generally you just need #14 as that is what wears out. In the last couple years my dealer started recommending 7 and 8 as well.

I think it's mostly so they can make more money but it's cheap and I do it.

If you have a way to support the bike with the forks off you'll save yourself at least an hour's labor by taking them off (which is easy) and just bringing in the forks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Bushings, seals, wipers, oil, and maybe circlips (if stored outdoors for instance). Some people like to have fresh o-rings for the caps, some just clean, inspect, and lubricate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally you just need #14 as that is what wears out. In the last couple years my dealer started recommending 7 and 8 as well.

I think it's mostly so they can make more money but it's cheap and I do it.

If you have a way to support the bike with the forks off you'll save yourself at least an hour's labor by taking them off (which is easy) and just bringing in the forks.

Do j need to buy #11 as well?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have done my own for years. 7, 8, 14, and call it a day. You definitely should change the bushings (7, 8). You have to remove them to get the seals off anyway, so why not put new ones in?

It a prime "while you are in there" scenario.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts