Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Fork seals help!!!

696 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  X3R0CO07 
#1 ·
Hi CBR family I have a 06 cbr600rr needs some forks maintenance oil is leaking out the dust seals, can anyone help me I need to know what oil this forks take and how much.
Any information is better then nothing thank you in advance

#3 ·
I have a 2005 model (similar I think but not certain), which calls for 362ml +-, and once bled and compressed, the level I believe is 110mm from the top of the fork tube. I know that is not real good info but at least it might motivate the real experts here to post up and refute my weke sauce.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
One thing you might want to consider is changing springs while you are in there. That is one of the best improvements I made to my front end. Choose a spring rate that matches your body weight and riding style.
Then you can get the sag dialed in and adjust your other settings.
Also go ahead and replace the fork bushings while you're at it.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I was thinking on replacing everything I can inside the forks I bought this bike for the track but I don't want to go too crazy since it will be my first time doing trackdays, I will still use the bike in the street from time to time.
I appreciate anybody here that is willing to share there opinion and things I should do
I'm definitely doing the forks soon so I will use any information I can get.

Thank in advanced to everybody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.