Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how bad is it to ride with a bad fork seal? What damage will it cause if i continue to do so? (one fork seal is bad) Noticed it last night towards the end of my ride so it could have been like that for a few days and i just didnt notice. I dont want to wreck amything/

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldnt want to push it a lot with leaking fork seals i wont lie i did it for about a 100 miles but get it fixed as soon as i could

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
it gets really fun when the oil gets on your brake discs and pads.

get it fixed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i know brakes and you dont want any type of oil or residue on them. Its about a 10 mile ride to the shop and thats all the more ill be riding untill i get it fixed. Thanks for all the info.

When you say the cartridge can be damaged what do you mean?

G

·
Well i know brakes and you dont want any type of oil or residue on them. Its about a 10 mile ride to the shop and thats all the more ill be riding untill i get it fixed. Thanks for all the info.

The actual damping cartridge inside the forks. I rode for about 200 miles on my leaking seals before fixing them and it fubared my oil lock valves. Was removing them anyway, but low oil can damage the internals.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Tie a rag (or bandana if you're 'G'd up from the head to the feet up') around the leaking fork leg. Keep as much oil away from your brakes as possible.

Change both fork seals too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts