Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get my fork seals done what weight fork oil does my 2008 CBR 600rr use, what's the best oil to use, how much would I need, and where could I get it from.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Stock oil is classed as a 10w by honda/showa, I would stick with the honda ultra cushion oil with stock forks, You will need a litre or a quart and that will do both forks, Any honda dealer should sell it to you.

If your going to use another brand of 10w oil be aware that the viscosity of that oil might be very different to the OEM oil.

·
Registered
673 Posts
how much do you weigh?10w is a good weight, but if youre heavier than 200, you might want to look into a heavier fluid. if you have a legitimate shop near you, try to get your hands on motul, race tech, or spectro fluids.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stick with a 10w and see how you get on. A 15w might be too thick for road use.

I run 10w oil in my '06 front end with K teck internals as i find 15w does not return quick enough.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
was using Motul 10wt factory line fork fluid but this time i tried Motorex Racing 10wt fork fluid to see if it works better as Motul turns to black quite quickly. if your internals are still stock you may benefit from using 15wt fork fluid due to the added damping, stock valving is most of the time barely adequate for spirited canyon rider let alone a trackday addict running intermediate to advanced pace.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just replaced my fork seals this fall and I used Lucas synthetic 10w. Works great. I'm not sure if was just going from old oil to new but the ride is much better. Absorbs the big bumps and lets me feel the road much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts