Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been suffering from a faulty turn signal circuit. It seemed like since I installed my i-600 alarm I was going through a lot of fuses. The weird part was that I wasnt going through them instantly, I could go a month on a fuse and then out of nowhere it would blow. I didnt know what the heck was up, and went over all of my connections and everything looked fine.

Now, I know what is wrong.

I removed my horn with an engine swap a while ago, and I JUST noticed that when I press the button, it blows my fuse!!

But now that I know what it is, how do I go about fixing that? whats the deal???

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garharhar. not good enough!! I guess I can pull the assemblu and gut the horn switch... but Id really like to get some insight on WHY this is happening. its really weird

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
or just go with a higher rated fuse....but really why are you honking @ppl??? a nice rev is a better way to go...wakes them up vs our weak azz horns!!!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do, I put 20 amp ones in. youre not understanding that if I TOUCH that horn button, on accident, it blows the circuit with many many amps. I dont use the horn, its not even on my bike anymore.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol. yeah yeah yeah. ill do that for an easy fix

but it doesnt sound right tho... im sure this doesnt happen to everyone who removes the horn... so the problem HAS to be somewhere...

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
well bring ur happy azz to oxnard and i'll fix it for you...geez....LMFAO

how much is shipping? you have my addy right? jhahahahaha

·
Registered
147 Posts
After you removed the horn, what did you do with the terminal ends that normally plug into the horn? If they are in electrical contact, the circuit would basically be shorting every time you hit the horn switch.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i have no idea where the horn wires ended up... But I just rigged it by inserting a piece of an old credit card in between the contacts on the horn button. works great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts