Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone here would be able to give me a little advice. I had an off a couple months ago and have just managed to put the money together that I need to fix her. Just received the headlight bracket as it got damaged when the bike slide into a sign post. Alas I found the bottom mounting hole for the headlight bracket is damaged, or snapped in half, thus not being able to hold the bolt anymore. :eek:

Since there is two mounting holes, the other one is fine and the headlight bracket doesnt seem to hold much weight. I was wondering if you guys would believe it to be safe or if Im going to need a new frame?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
TribalJay

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
It will probably be fine with just the one bolt. Is there any other way you can secure the bracket to the frame for added stability?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine with one bolt. If the front fairing and gauges shake more than you'd like... then you may need to fix it.

Is that your frame in the pic... it looks fine to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah its just a pic I grabbed while looking through the forum. I asked just on a spur of the moment thing. I thought with only one bolt, especially the upper bolt, that it should be fine. But just thought you guys could give me a little more insight.

I appreciate your input thank you.
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts