Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' that I picked up super cheap from a friend who wrecked it. According to him, the local shop said the frame and forks were straight.

So I have been picking up a few odds and ends here and there from the sales forum. Yesterday, I noticed that something did not look right with the front end.......upon further inspection, I realize that something is definately off. The front wheel seems to off-line from the back wheel.

Is there a way for me to take measurements and figure out if the forks or frame are tweaked?

This bike was intended to be a track only bike.......

Thanks for reading,
DD

·
Registered
935 Posts
No, just take the bodywork off. They measure it with lasers and can straighten it out if it's off. I haven't needed to do it but have heard a lot of good things about them. They do suspension work too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome info...... let me look into it. Thanks a million.

DD

No, just take the bodywork off. They measure it with lasers and can straighten it out if it's off. I haven't needed to do it but have heard a lot of good things about them. They do suspension work too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Look at the fork from a distance.Do they look bent?Adjust the rebound to full in to full out.What does it do?Does it ride strange?Put it on a front stand an spin the wheel.What now?Does the rim look damaged?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the fork from a distance.Do they look bent?Adjust the rebound to full in to full out.What does it do?Does it ride strange?Put it on a front stand an spin the wheel.What now?Does the rim look damaged?

Actually, upon further inspection, the forks look straight and the triples are definately twisted.

DD

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the forks completely off and dissasembled the entire front end.

The triples are tweaked and the rest looks ok for now. Gonna keep plugging away at it. Thanks

DD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts