Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so here is my situation. My new bike will be here tomorrow!!!!! But my husband wants to put frame slidders on it. I am ok with that, but I dont want him to cutt my bike. What would be a good kind that wouldnt DESTROY my new frame? LOL!

·
Registered
186 Posts
If your getting a 600rr its gonna have to be cut. If your a novice/new rider then you'll be glad he put sliders on it in a few weeks. And just so you know, bikes are for riding and not looking pretty : ) , sliders are one of the first things you should put on a bike if your going to be doing anything more than cruising the strip.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
wheres the "this thread is useless without pics" guy?

;)

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Sliders won't destroy your frame - they're designed to save it. Now they might destroy your fairings if he cuts them wrong...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Put the sliders on there. Don't go out and get the non-cut ones, because they don't do what they're supposed to that well.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Schwing said:
Sliders won't destroy your frame - they're designed to save it. Now they might destroy your fairings if he cuts them wrong...

Yeah I'm thinking she meant fairings....

As long as he does a nice job cutting them ,it will look great!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Your husband has the right idea. Let him cut the plastic and put the sliders on. The should save your frame and may even save the plastic from some damage if you drop the bike.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I thought i would post here instead of making a whole new thread:
What brand of hole saw did you guys use? I work at a hardware store at the moment and can get all kinds of brands - which would do the best job? I think a lot of them are made out of carbon or something.

I am gonna tackle the frame slider installation in the very near future too, so if anyone in SF bay area wants to join me let me know and we can do it together.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
basic hole saw is fine. use a fine tooth and mask the area it makes contact with the fairing so it doesnt rip the decal.

use the play-doh method for determining where to drill. try to search for it.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
DenBoe said:
I thought i would post here instead of making a whole new thread:
What brand of hole saw did you guys use? I work at a hardware store at the moment and can get all kinds of brands - which would do the best job? I think a lot of them are made out of carbon or something.

I am gonna tackle the frame slider installation in the very near future too, so if anyone in SF bay area wants to join me let me know and we can do it together.
Any holesaw will work fine if you take your time.... I borrowed my neighbors and it was a little cheap holesaw kit that he had but it did a good job.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Schwing said:
^ What she said. If you are worried about cutting the holes wrong have the dealer do it. If they f it up, have them buy you a replacement set. Before I even took the bike from the dealer, the day I bought it I had them installed.

Jason

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
trust me, cut that sucka.
done right, it looks good, and they will save plenty of plastic in a low side.
there is a thread with pics of frame sliders installed, see if you can find it.

and welcome to your new addiction... .net

1 - 15 of 15 Posts