Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for 30mins, can't find this particular problem having been posted previously.

On the passenger side of the bike, the bolt goes through and has a 17mm bolt on the header-side...I get that. On the driver side there's just a bolt...no nut on the other side?

I'm trying to replace the scuffed up ones that came on the bike with some new ones, but I can't seem to be able to back the driver side bolt out...the thing is tight as ****, I can get about a half turn in either direction but after that nothing.

Did the previous owner cross-thread the **** outa this thing? If so what kinda damage am I looking at?...bolt goes into the engine case amiright?

:director:

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
Hey, i've got a solution.

Grab a beer and loosen the pinch bolt. Theres a pinch bolt that holds that bolt firmly in place, i soon realized this..when i had the same problem as well.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Have you already replaced the one you got out or are you trying to take it out while all the weight of th engine is on that one bolt? Replace the one you got out and then work on the other side. Pinch bolt will hold it in place.
Never heard of passenger driver side of the bike but the front brake "right side of the engine has a nut behind it. You can use a box end wrench to hold it while you loosen it up. T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts