Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about "no cut" frame sliders for 600RR's? My local dealer parts guy said Lockhart Phillips carries them (in the brand of ProImpact), and when I called, the LP guy concurred. But, when I called back to order, a different LP guy says it ain't so. Now they say the sliders are "no cut" on one side and require "slight" dremeling on the other side, but not an actual holesaw cut. If anybody has these Lockhart Phillips version installed PLEASE post a picture! Anyway, I REALLY want some sliders on my baby, but I REEEEALLY don't wanna cut her! Thanks for anyone's help.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I used to feel the same as you...that is, fear of cutting my fairings. After some research, I concluded it's better not to cut corners when it comes to sliders. Do yourself a favor and just cut the fairings and install straight sliders. From what I gathered, the no cut sliders are not nearly as strong due to the positioning bracket. In fact, it's possible it could even do more damage to your bike.
Cutting the fairings isn't too difficult...just requires some patience. I'm about as mechnically inept as you can get, and I was even able to do it. Lots of helpful tutorials here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree....cut the fairings...

Take a look at some of the pics on the site of guys with cut fairings. They look great. The black sliders on my 05 tribal are almost invisible anyway...and when you go down, the the protection of "real" sliders will more than make up for having to cut the plastics...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts