Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question about frame sliders. Just brought home my 09 cbr600 and am looking to get some sliders for it. I was just wondering if there is much difference between different frame sliders? if so, which ones would you guys recommend?

I'm new to working on bikes, so I'm hoping to find some that aren't too difficult to install

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you search you will find lots and lots of information about this.

I have never been down on my bike, so I can't speak from experience about how good/bad a certain brand is. A good friend of mine highly recommended I go with Woodcraft frame sliders, so that is what I bought. I have heard good reviews about the brand on here too.

I am not an expert when it comes to working bikes either, but installing the frame sliders that I went with requires you to cut a hole in the fairing (on the 2005). I am not sure what needs to be done on the 2009.

I'm sure others will give you their opinions as well, but that is my two cents.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on some shogun frame sliders. I have an 07 but I'm getting the 09 version because I don't want to jeopardize my frame or engine for the sake of a no cut kit. I've heard really good things about these and the r&g sliders but the thing that made up my mind personally was the price. For half the price I get a product with just as good of a reputation, they just don't look as good but it's black on black so I don't care

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have OES

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
stick with frame sliders if you may go down over say 35mph as metal crash cages/rails transfer energy and do not absorb energy. There is a reason helmets, frame sliders, etc are not made of steel. As for what brand? Shogun is the best bang for the buck that I have seen, but honestly as long as you stick with any name brand slider you'll be good to go. There are too many variables in a crash to say that one slider is better then all the rest becuase as the variables change in a crash it will change what sliders are "best" for that crash. Just having them though 9 times out of 10 helps out and they will pay for themselves nearly always in one tip over/crash.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Go with cut frame slider. A little extra work. A simple DIY.
There is a few sticky threads about how to install cut frame sliders. Search for them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts