Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so its Friday night and I just got home from France. Covered 2.5k miles in 10 days so feelings pretty whacked. I return with an odd set of emotions. Its was an OK trip, bike performed flawlessly, nice views, Mediterranean ocean, hot weather, many Maserati's and yachts in St Tropez. But....

One evening, in exploring some quiet French country lanes late at night, I did encounter a patch of gravel...yes yes, we all know where this is going. Thankfully I fell on grass and sliders did their job, but still hard enough to crack my left hand midddle fairing and place a few scratches on the nose cone. Overwhelming sadness as my once pristine CBR is now anything but. On the plus side, no injuries and aside for a new indicator, bike wasnt broken I'm pleased to say.

Before I leave for home (London), I decide to get a new set of tyres fitted for the ride home. Off come Metzeler Sportec M1's and on go Michelin Pilot Powers. Couldnt believe the difference!! After tyres worn in (obviously), I'm hitting bends, long arching sliplanes, roundabouts, absolutely glued, all thoughts of chewing French soil far from my mind. I thought the Sportecs were good but the Powers are something else. Perhaps if I'd had the Michelins all along, I might not have gone down on the gravel...? Unlikely, but the thought helps ease the pain as I search for new fairings!!

Speaking of which, does anyone know where in the UK I can get new replacement, genuine Honda fairings for an 03 600 RR? Thanks for reading, and any questions, you know what to do...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
We need to see some snap shots mate , glad to read you did not get
banged up when you went down and that your RR is not beat up

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
try the M3's next time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,

no luck with the gravel patch. that's something common in the summer here. Usually they spread gravels for 2 weeks then clean it. it is supposed to improve the road's "grip"...
About Pilot power, I've got friends selling those for years now, and they say it's still the best for road use.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
m3's are grippy but i've never tried powers, france does have some nice roads, have you ridden in italy? i rode there on a moped lol, ghey but fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts